And that's a white sox loser

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
Boone Logan is not Pat Neshek....

Of course he isn't.

Neshek has immediately contributed to his team. Logan, as could be expected, has struggled.

I have a feeling we're going to continue making these comparisons with the prospects of divisional rivals and ours. And few, if any, will be in our favor.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I agree with Rock here; when you bring Matt Thorton and Mike MacDougal into a ballgame, you expect them to be able to get the job done. Simply put, they didn't. I guess you can debate whether or not Thorton should've been brought out, but Ozzie turned to his best current reliever in MacDougal, who failed. And come on, don't kid yourselves -- the minutes MacD walked Thomas, and the go-ahead run crossed the plate, the game was over.

The Sox had a chance to put this one away early. Runners on second and third, after the Anderson double, and Sandy and Pablo failed to come through. Sandy did later in the game, but that infield popout hurt us.

Vazquez looked okay. I'm not going to complain about three runs in six innings.

Hell, even the offense did an okay job. Four runs over seven innings against Zito, with him well into the 120s in pitches in the 7th inning?

Bullpen's gotta lock this one down. Got to. Just another loss in a season that seemingly keeps on getting worse.

QUOTE(shoota @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 07:04 PM)
I sometimes state I've given up on this team, but I'm shackled to them. I won't be liberated until their season ends.

This is the first thing I think you have ever said that I completely agree with. Last year was the initial high, the good stuff. Now we are addicted and just want that feeling again, even though we arent getting it we still keep going back.......Its a sad addoctopm

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
Last I checked, Jenks has been Ozzie's best reliever all year

Why not stray away from common philosophy and use your best reliever - even if it is your closer - in that spot? That was a game changing moment, and if the Sox get out of that unscathed, it is a completely different ballgame.

Closer in the 7th inning? Please. McD has the best ERA in the pen, and has been the most shut down reliever we have. Get over it.

QUOTE(scotty22hotty @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)
I predict the sox will go on a 8-0 run

OK! I'll buy into that. In addition I needd to say that this isn't Ozzie's fault. You play the game with the hand that's dealt you. Poor bullpen performances, no clutch hitting and 9 homers by Thome in the second half... that's why we are losing ground.