freaking ESPN

Phuck the Cubs

We know that ESPN has a hardon for two of the biggest markets being in the same division. We know that they have had a rivalry for countless decades.

Gee, I'm shocked, shocked I say, at this information that ESPN caters to big markets that are geographically close to them? Next you'll be telling me that if you get 3 strikes, you'll strike out in baseball.

i hate to tell you this but yankees/red sox is one of the top rivals if not the top rival (albeit mostly one-sided), only heightened by endless coverage of it by espn and the like. people voted this as the top rival, not espn, so i dont see the big deal unless you feel espn tampered with the poll. if that's the case i have a nice shiny, tin foil hat for you...

i hate to tell you this but yankees/red sox is one of the top rivals if not the top rival (albeit mostly one-sided), only heightened by endless coverage of it by espn and the like. people voted this as the top rival, not espn, so i dont see the big deal unless you feel espn tampered with the poll. if that's the case i have a nice shiny, tin foil hat for you...

Michigan-OSU football>Yankees-Red Sox

Michigan v Ohio State is a bigger rivalry because both sides equally hate each other and have been relatively equally sucessful and competetive, unlike the Yankees v Red Sox.

Not necessarily the biggest rivalry (although I personally think so) but I would definitely take it over Yankees/Red Sox.

(Personally I would take dozens of College rivalries over a 'rivalry' in MLB)

Michigan v Ohio State is a bigger rivalry because both sides equally hate each other and have been relatively equally sucessful and competetive, unlike the Yankees v Red Sox.

Not necessarily the biggest rivalry (although I personally think so) but I would definitely take it over Yankees/Red Sox.

(Personally I would take dozens of College rivalries over a 'rivalry' in MLB)

Michigan-Ohio State has been declared the biggest rivalry in this country by Congress. I will provide a link w/ a copy of the bill when I get the chance

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 09:24 PM)
Michigan-Ohio State has been declared the biggest rivalry in this country by Congress. I will provide a link w/ a copy of the bill when I get the chance

And if CONGRESS says it is, then it must be. And it is good. Congress is never wrong.

:P

Why is Congress even bothering with crap like that anyway? Sorry, that's for another forum.

I, for one, have no idea who the teams are for Michigan and OSU. I would bet anybody who doesn't follow college sports would also have no idea at all.

But I bet everybody in the U.S. knows who the Yankees and Red Sox are atleast.

I would also bet that numerous rivalries outside the US are WAY more intense than anything in the U.S.