And That's A White Sox Season

Flash Tizzle

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys, it was a very disappointing season. This puts it in the bag for the Tigers and Twins. 4 behind with 13 to go, no phawking way we get in now. Ozzie did not take the season with enough urgency early on and that cost us many ballgames. PHAWK YOU Garcia, PHAWK YOU Podsednik, PHAWK YOU Anderson, PHAWK YOU Neal "Pile of Dung" Cotts. Enjoy your phawking hard earned paychecks over the off season, and again thanks for tanking the season. I wanna reserve a special PHAWK YOU to Joey Cora for your excellent baserunning calls and Don Cooper for your cheery, "glass Half-full" attitude despite the obvious signs of s***ty pitching throughout the entire staff. I could understand one or two guys, but cheeses phawking cripes, an entire staff pitched like absolute dog poop the entire year. Great job guys! You earned your $102 million this year. We'll see you next year. Then again, hopefully........we won't.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 06:14 PM)
Or from another perspective, this team shows as much life right now as Terry Schaivo does.

^^^^^^^^

"Stick a fork in 'em" "Nail in the Coffin" How many other cliches can I think of?

Time for me to join www.talkbears.com At least THAT game made me happy.

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 06:09 PM)
Dude, please. It's over.

So if the Sox somehow sell their soul, pay off the Tigers or the umps, and sweep the Tigers, that they are still dead, seeing as how they'd be 2 back of Detroit with 10 left? I don't buy it.

It's highly unlikely, it's almost guaranteed not to happen, but I will stay with this team so long as they have any potential for a glimmer of hope. It doesn't look good - in fact, it looks worse than bad - but with a sweep, there is hope.

Anything less, and the season is completely over.

I can't give up completely, but if this is really the beginning of the end, its time for me to say thanks to the team for allowing me to spend the last 11 months watching them and being able to proudly call them defending champions. It has been a frustrating season at times but still, winning the crown in 2005 was still worth losing it in 2006. I feel no bitterness. none.

SFF

I can't give up completely, but if this is really the beginning of the end, its time for me to say thanks to the team for allowing me to spend the last 11 months watching them and being able to proudly call them defending champions. It has been a frustrating season at times but still, winning the crown in 2005 was still worth losing it in 2006. I feel no bitterness. none.

SFF

I feel lots of bitterness. This team should be in the playoffs with no problem. They've played like clowns ALL season. Not making the playoffs is total failure.

I'm not at all suprised that we got swept out there. Hopefully next year we play them out there early on. Get our losses over with.

For the past two months it seems like we never could get the big hit or the big pitch, especially with two outs. Execution just seemed awful in every way. And when we did get a big hit or big pitch in a situation like that, it seemed like we couldn't go out there and do it again.

Anyway, very dissapointing. We will end up getting exactly what we deserved. It'll be interesting to see what happens in teh offseason. I wish you could go out and buy 'execution'.

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel lots of bitterness. This team should be in the playoffs with no problem. They've played like clowns ALL season. Not making the playoffs is total failure.

Wow. How quickly people forget. Yeah, sure, they've played poorly a lot more this season, and YES, you have to be hungry for more, but:

1. They DID just win their first title in 88 years, and everyone was so happy, and now, what? It doesn't matter for s*** anymore? SpringfieldFan posted one of the very few sensible and pure posts in this entire thread.

2. This season is NOT over. It MIGHT be, but not certainly. Anything can still happen. 14 games is plenty of time to catch a Wild Card IF things shape up, and seeing as Detroit is next, I'm fairly confident.

I very well could be wrong, but if they make it this year, hell, just to the PLAYOFFS, I'm permanently sigging a picture of a big, fat crow to remind all of you about not only last year, but hopefully this year. Have some damn optomism. If we lose, we lose, but this is NOT over yet. I guess nobody learned from what happened last year.

So we're down to hoping for a miracle, and the bad news is, nothing about this year's team indicates that a miracle is coming.

I'll always be grateful for last year, but it seems like it's time to re-open that old phrase:

Wait Til Next Year.

I'll be at the wake tomorrow night, and the funeral on Sunday.

I'll still be cheering for them, and I'll be HAPPY to have a nice crow dinner on October 1st, but I just don't see it happening this year.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 12:31 AM)
I can honestly say that this year wasn't even fun to watch. Even in other years (losing years, in fact), they were at least still enjoyable to watch.

This year was just one kick in the junk after another.

I couldn't agree more.

this season was never relaxing.

always holes in the team. Weird s*** going on.

change the roster and move on.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 07:13 PM)
Wow. How quickly people forget. Yeah, sure, they've played poorly a lot more this season, and YES, you have to be hungry for more, but:

1. They DID just win their first title in 88 years, and everyone was so happy, and now, what? It doesn't matter for s*** anymore? SpringfieldFan posted one of the very few sensible and pure posts in this entire thread.

2. This season is NOT over. It MIGHT be, but not certainly. Anything can still happen. 14 games is plenty of time to catch a Wild Card IF things shape up, and seeing as Detroit is next, I'm fairly confident.

I very well could be wrong, but if they make it this year, hell, just to the PLAYOFFS, I'm permanently sigging a picture of a big, fat crow to remind all of you about not only last year, but hopefully this year. Have some damn optomism. If we lose, we lose, but this is NOT over yet. I guess nobody learned from what happened last year.

They just got their asses handed to them in the biggest series of the season, they got swept in a series that they knew going into they could not afford to get swept in. These are not things that promote optimism. I'm just wondering why I should care if the team wins or loses when it seems they could care less about the outcome of the games they play.

This is 2006 by the way, just like Kenny Williams said the time for celebrating last year's achievements has come and gone it's now time to focus on the success of this year's team. You can hold that World Series with you forever and reminisce as often as you please but you can't let the success of a completely different team from last year overshadow the failures of this year's squad.

This team has taken the underachievement tag to a whole new level. They've gone from World Series Champions to 3rd place in the AL Central and the 5th best record in all of the AL, in other words they're losers.