Predict the final 13 games...

BearSox

Predict what you think the Sox will do in the next 13 games. I don't feel like depressing myself some more, so I will just predict what it will take for us to get to the playoffs...

vs. DET W

vs. DET W

vs. DET W

vs. SEA W

vs. SEA W

vs. SEA W

vs. SEA L

@ CLE W

@ CLE W

@ CLE W

@ MIN W

@ MIN W

@ MIN W

And that doesn't seem very possible, IMO.

I predict that in the next 13 games, Ozzie will continue to put the wrong players in the lineup, leave struggling starting pitchers in too long and give key relief innings to guys like Logan and Hermanson.

I also predict that Ozzie's frustration over the fact that his "great managing" isn't leading to wins is going to lead to one of his classic freak-out meltdowns. That will be the only highlight of the remainder of the season.

I also predict that Konerko will respond to the Sox getting mathematically eliminated by yawning and saying, "Oh well, maybe next year."

If it's anything like the way this season has gone...

Sox take the first two of the Detroit series, remarkably getting wins from both Mark Buehrle and Freddy Garcia. However, a blown three run lead late in the third game doesn't allow the Sox to sweep.

More of the same against Seattle. Sox split the series, but neither Minny or Detroit quite pull away, leaving the Sox three out of the WC and still four back of the division.

The Sox gain a game on Minny in the Cleveland series, leaving them two back heading into the series in the Twinkydome, with Detroit already taking the division crown.

And, of course, when you think that this season can't get any worse... well, they'll probably take the first two and have some crippling, make-you-want-to-stick-a-gun-to-your-head type loss in the third game, as we watch Minnesota celebrate on our grave.

Gotta love my positive outlook, ehh?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
If it's anything like the way this season has gone...

Sox take the first two of the Detroit series, remarkably getting wins from both Mark Buehrle and Freddy Garcia. However, a blown three run lead late in the third game doesn't allow the Sox to sweep.

More of the same against Seattle. Sox split the series, but neither Minny or Detroit quite pull away, leaving the Sox three out of the WC and still four back of the division.

The Sox gain a game on Minny in the Cleveland series, leaving them two back heading into the series in the Twinkydome, with Detroit already taking the division crown.

And, of course, when you think that this season can't get any worse... well, they'll probably take the first two and have some crippling, make-you-want-to-stick-a-gun-to-your-head type loss in the third game, as we watch Minnesota celebrate on our grave.

Gotta love my positive outlook, ehh?

That actually sounds like the way it should play out, based on how this team has worked this season.

The hopes go up, then crushed, then revived, then crushed again, repeat until nauseous.

The only part you left out was that the winning run in the deciding game would score on the following sequence:

Leadoff walk

Bloop single, Uribe and Mackowiak (in center because you can't possibly play Anderson) almost colliding

Sacrifice bunt, runners advance to 2nd & 3rd

Intentional walk to set up the force play at any base and an inning-ending double play

Wild pitch scores the game-winner

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 12:45 AM)
Well, we have the next 10 games to try to get within two games of the Twins and then a 3 game series in Minny at the end. Sure this weekend just about killed us, but it's not over.

Yeah, they have the 10 games to do that, but nothing they've done since mid-June makes me think they CAN do that.

I now believe that magic burst of playoff-experience-based Superplay just doesn't exist.