Mariners @ Sox 7:05 PM Gamethread

MHizzle85

His defense this year has been nowhere near as good and crisp as it was in the past. Uribe has 4 home games left in his Sox career.

I agree wholeheartedly with the first sentence. How confident are you about the second? I would love for him to get moved, but do you think Ozzie/KW agree?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
His defense this year has been nowhere near as good and crisp as it was in the past. Uribe has 4 home games left in his Sox career.

I agree, but he's still a very good defensive shortstop.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Two things:

- Crede's approach at the plate is just laughable right now.

- Does anyone know what Thome is hitting against lefties since the ASB?

Thome: .197/.310/.296 in 71 At-Bats

Will somebody please e-mail DJ asking why he pronounces Ichiro's name like that?

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:48 PM)
Your first one was a year old. The second one is a list of fielding stats. Would you like me to show you a variety of other fielding stats which show Uribe as not particularly near the top?

That doesn't matter. You said I wouldn't be able to find someone who agreed that Uribe was the best defensive SS in the league, I found someone.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 12:47 AM)
I agree wholeheartedly with the first sentence. How confident are you about the second? I would love for him to get moved, but do you think Ozzie/KW agree?

Yes, I think we'll see a new SS here next year. We've already heard names like Lugo mentioned with the Sox.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 05:52 PM)
That doesn't matter. You said I wouldn't be able to find someone who agreed that Uribe was the best defensive SS in the league, I found someone.

I don't understand the stats they're actually showing me...but if I'm reading that right, the same guy also says that Podsednik is the #3 defensive left fielder in the AL this year.

Because he is listed at the top of a statistical list doesn't mean that whoever put that list together thinks that metric describes the best defensive SS. I could list the top batting averages in baseball and that wouldn't mean that I think the player at the top of the list is necessarily the best hitter in baseball.

Yes, I think we'll see a new SS here next year. We've already heard names like Lugo mentioned with the Sox.

Was that name mentioned BY the Sox? I know that name is thrown around on this board a lot.

I don't understand the stats they're actually showing me...but if I'm reading that right, the same guy also says that Podsednik is the #3 defensive left fielder in the AL this year.

LMAO. I didn't catch that. Consider that metric worthless.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
Thome: .197/.310/.296 in 71 At-Bats

Will somebody please e-mail DJ asking why he pronounces Ichiro's name like that?

Well DJ did play in Japan for two years so I would assume he is pronouncing it correctly.