Mariners @ Sox 7:05 PM Gamethread

MHizzle85

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 06:02 PM)
Someone had to start it... :P Here's to starting an 11-game winning streak. :gosox2:

are you adding a possible one-game playoff to that 11, because the regular season only has 10 games left. makes sense, if we can win 6 more games that Detroit these next two weeks. but does anyone see this happening?

QUOTE(AirScott @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 06:15 PM)
are you adding a possible one-game playoff to that 11, because the regular season only has 10 games left. makes sense, if we can win 6 more games that Detroit these next two weeks. but does anyone see this happening?

umm yea...sure...lol, i was thinking that the cleveland series was 4 games....but hey 11 sounds good.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 06:11 PM)
I've got lineups.

Ozuna, LF; Iguchi, 2B; Dye, RF; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Crede, 3B; AJ, C; Uribe, SS; BA, CF. Vazquez pitching.

He'll continue with these lineups as not to upset his pitchers, or give anyone the impression we've given up.

It's f***ing annoying to watch. I'm honestly hoping for elimination as quick as possible so we can watch Fields/Sweeney.

I'd especially like to see them against Minnesota's pitchers, ideally Santana.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 06:56 PM)
He'll continue with these lineups as not to upset his pitchers, or give anyone the impression we've given up.

It's f***ing annoying to watch. I'm honestly hoping for elimination as quick as possible so we can watch Fields/Sweeney.

I'd especially like to see them against Minnesota's pitchers, ideally Santana.

Yes, lets root AGAINST our team!! Genius idea.

Nice opening K for Vazquez. Regardless of his overall numbers, he's been much improved since Coop changed his delivery around a bit (which could be accredited to something else, just pointing it out)

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:10 PM)
Yes, lets root AGAINST our team!! Genius idea.

Hey, you can contine sporting your superfan outfit and suggesting we "DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'" but I see no difference in how the season ends. Whether it's winning 8 of 10 or losing 10 straight.

Hell, improve our draft position while we're at it. A good losing streak can help our position 4-5 spots!!!!

Ultimately, I'm more interested in watching Sweeney/Fields/Haegar/Logan play than some veterans mailing it in the final week. f*** them. They had 152 games to prove themselves. Step off the field and let fans witness the future of this ballclub.

I'll root for a Vazquez blowup if it means the remaining games are full of young prospects.

What the hell does it matter if he pitches well with absolutely no pressure against a mediocre Seattle club?

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
Hey, you can contine sporting your superfan outfit and suggesting we "DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'" but I see no difference in how the season ends. Whether it's winning 8 of 10 or losing 10 straight.

Where did I say that? I fully believe that we won't make the playoffs, but that doesn't stop me from rooting for my favorite team. Seriously, in my lifetime, the Sox have only had four 90+ win seasons. I'd love for this year to be the fifth. Yes, they've been disappointing. Yes, they've pissed me off at times this year. Yes, with the team that KW built in the offseason on paper, they should have made the playoffs, and even compete for the World Series. But s***, that didn't happen this year, and we're going to have to live with it. Both the Twins and Tigers have played amazing baseball and when this team wins 90 games, yet still misses the playoffs, you (not specifically you, the collective you) just have to tip your hat to the teams that had more.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
Hell, improve our draft position while we're at it. A good losing streak can help our position 4-5 spots!!!!

Sure, root against your favorite team then if that is your goal. But hell, it doesn't matter, right? The Sox are horrible at drafting people and every pitcher is a soft-throwing b**** and every outfielder is just a bust.