Bye Bye Taurus

Soxy

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)
Sing it with me Jas.........."THISSSSSSSSSSS ISSSSSS OURRRRRRR COUNNNNNNNNNTRYYYYYYYYYY"

:D

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSS ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OOUUUUUUUUURRRR COOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUNNNNNNTTTRYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOO, HYPOCRITES FORD/GM AREEEEEEEEEEEE

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 12:53 PM)
I :D

Amazingly fun cars to drive. You have a 5 or a 3 series??? My moms BF just got the new 5 and holy crap I finally got to drive it (and drive it I did) and it was amazingly fun to drive. If I won the lotto, I'd own a 5 series and a Denalli. One car, one SUV.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 02:31 PM)
The Focus had a neat look to it when it first came out, similar to a VW Golf. I was eyeing it for a while meself.

I have a golf right now, so it was an easy sell.... similar look with half the cost to fix.

....damn VWs.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
Depends on where your Golf was made. In Germany, reliable. Their Mexican facilities have loads of problems. Did you buy your VW in Texas or PA?

in PA, via Ohio (original owner), via Mexico.... so yeah, POS.

I do have 155k on the original engine and tranny though. 3 windshields, 3 left fenders, and 1,000,000 bottles of oil later, however.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
The Engines are solid.

Im at 51K on my Scion after 18 months. Only problem I've had is people hitting my car and a light bulb burning out on the air conditioner console.

my bro has a tC, and I've driven it a bunch. It's a little plastic on the inside and small for my-large-ass-self in the back seat....but otherwise it hauls and looks great.

Are you guys implying that VW's have low maintenance cause aside from some cool looks they are some of the worse built cars on the road.

I happen to love Audi's but even they are built like garbage (in terms of maintenance).

But I know for a fact that VW's (jetta's especially) are some of the biggest piles of crap ever (in terms of how they hold up, not commenting on whether they are nice cause they got a cool look, plus tons of hot chicks drive them).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
Are you guys implying that VW's have low maintenance cause aside from some cool looks they are some of the worse built cars on the road.

I happen to love Audi's but even they are built like garbage (in terms of maintenance).

But I know for a fact that VW's (jetta's especially) are some of the biggest piles of crap ever (in terms of how they hold up, not commenting on whether they are nice cause they got a cool look, plus tons of hot chicks drive them).

I'm implying that my engine will be around until 2034, but the rest of my car is slowly breaking off like an alkaseltzer in a glass of water. Added to that, VW parts are EXPENSIVE.

I like my golf, because you're right, they look hot, but they're junk.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
We should have talked a few months ago. Went out pretty much expecting to wind up in a new Corolla, took a look at that car and the Civic, wound up walking away having spent more money on the Civic and being pretty darn happy about it.

LOVE my lexus (toyota). I have owned 3 jeeps all were terrible, especially when Chrysler bought them out. Chrysler IMO makes the worst cars on the market followed closely by ford.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
LOVE my lexus (toyota). I have owned 3 jeeps all were terrible, especially when Chrysler bought them out. Chrysler IMO makes the worst cars on the market followed closely by ford.

Can't speak to all their cars, but don't discount GM on the bad list.

Here in my division, we have some very large vans that we take out into the field...actual field vehicles, etc. Supposedly a few years ago they attempted some chevy vehicles for this task...and they're rapidly back to Ford.

Can't say the GM vehicle I was driving in high school had any quality to it either.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
Actually Toyota pays, on average, a higher wage than GM and Ford union shops. The drive to unionize Toyota has had a side effect of making sure Toyota employees are well taken care of.

As a result, KY's Toyota plant can't get more than 40% of the employees on board for the UAW.

A higher wage. How about a full compensation package? I'll tell you right now, its not even close.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 08:29 AM)
A higher wage. How about a full compensation package? I'll tell you right now, its not even close.

As for total compensation packages you are right and that's the reason the Big 3 are losing money hand over fist and moving capacity to other countries.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 08:33 AM)
As for total compensation packages you are right and that's the reason the Big 3 are losing money hand over fist and moving capacity to other countries.

Its a double edged sword. We as a society say that we want high paying, secure jobs, with solid benefits. The problem is we don't support those companies with our dollars. We hear about the evils of Wal-Mart, but if people still shopped at the local pharmacy, they would still be in business. Its the samething with the auto industry. If people really believe what they say about supporting American jobs, and keeping jobs in America, their shopping habits would be way different. The reason that American auto jobs have moved out of country is because we get killed by cheaper overseas steel and cheaper labor. The only way to counter that, if American's are buying the cheaper products, is to find a way to cut costs yourself.

All Brian's cars have been fords and mercs. My last two were mercs and have had almost no issues.

As for the plant, they make Ford 500 (the next generation Taurus). Everyone that I knew in HS and college that had Taurus have had nothing but good to say about them.

I love my Jetta, first new car bought it right when the restyled ones came out in May of 05 and already have 30k on it. My dad has an 03 no major issues. BUT - lady frind had a 95, it ran well for like 8 years, then the transmission went out, after a new one was put in, it never ran well again, needed more work than it was worth, she also drove it into an area of freshly poured concrete that was not marked, workers failed to put up any signs. Then her brother totaled it somewhere in Indiana. Those mid nineties Jettas are awful, but they seem to be a little more reliable.

I really wanted a Monte Carlo, but i paid 8 grand less for the Jetta, which came with more options (i.e. CD player) Who the hell sells a casette deck standard? Maybe one day i will have that Monte Carlo, but for now, i still like my Jetta!

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
I own an '05 Taurus, I've had it for 8 months and have put about 9000 miles on it. I bought used at 16k miles up to 25k. No problems as of yet.

You're the kind of guy who talks in the 8th inning about how great it is to see a no-hitter, aren't you?

I had 3 Fords, all were fine. The Ranger I had was only for about 13 months, due to the arrival of my second kid and needing a back seat, but the other 2 were fine. I had a 95 Tbird that I put 150,000 miles on before I traded in my bigV8 for something with better gas milage. Also had rented Tauruses before, once for a month, and thought they drove nice. My biggest lemon vehicle was a Montero Sport. Once I hit 60,000, youname it, it broke. Plus, cost a fortune to fix, since you had to take apart half the damn engine just to get to anything. I got 135, 000 out of a base model 1992 Cavelier, 120,000 out of a 1993 Sunbird, 99,000 from my 1988 Daytona, 130,000 total from my 1996 Stratus (65,000 from me, the restfrom my sister I sold it to), 85,000 on my Dakota for work until an accident prematurly ended its life and have about 60,000 on the PT Cruiser that replaced it. Lemons are everywhere, not just limited to American brands.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Oct 29, 2006 -> 05:42 PM)
I had 3 Fords, all were fine. The Ranger I had was only for about 13 months, due to the arrival of my second kid and needing a back seat, but the other 2 were fine. I had a 95 Tbird that I put 150,000 miles on before I traded in my bigV8 for something with better gas milage. Also had rented Tauruses before, once for a month, and thought they drove nice. My biggest lemon vehicle was a Montero Sport. Once I hit 60,000, youname it, it broke. Plus, cost a fortune to fix, since you had to take apart half the damn engine just to get to anything. I got 135, 000 out of a base model 1992 Cavelier, 120,000 out of a 1993 Sunbird, 99,000 from my 1988 Daytona, 130,000 total from my 1996 Stratus (65,000 from me, the restfrom my sister I sold it to), 85,000 on my Dakota for work until an accident prematurly ended its life and have about 60,000 on the PT Cruiser that replaced it. Lemons are everywhere, not just limited to American brands.

95 Tbird that I put 150,000 miles

Montero Sport. Once I hit 60,000

135, 000 out of a base model 1992 Cavelier

120,000 out of a 1993 Sunbird

99,000 from my 1988 Daytona

60,000 on the PT Cruiser

To achieve that many miles, you're either are 97 years old.... or drive a 16-wheeler with the wrong rig :lol:

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 30, 2006 -> 08:53 AM)
95 Tbird that I put 150,000 miles

Montero Sport. Once I hit 60,000

135, 000 out of a base model 1992 Cavelier

120,000 out of a 1993 Sunbird

99,000 from my 1988 Daytona

60,000 on the PT Cruiser

To achieve that many miles, you're either are 97 years old.... or drive a 16-wheeler with the wrong rig :lol:

Or most likely around here... a commuter from the burbs to the city.