Jermaine Dye and Joe Crede win Silver Sluggers

Heads22

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 05:24 PM)
Very cool. Probably get the awards Opening Day?

You think they'll save them for that long? I bet they just get them as soon as they're available.

I just remember when Frank got his MVP awards, he just received them shortly after with a press conference at the park.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)
can't complain about the GG anymore.

I've always been of the belief awards should go to the most deserving candidate. Obvious enough, but often people are blinded by homerism and insist their team's players should receive everything.

However, this is just sweet justice. Even though Rodriguez did hold an advantage to Crede in about every offensive category. For the fact it's Alex Rodriguez I'm less inclined to care. One less award on his mantle.

Now, watch Crede's win set off a storm of controversy. No one does this to a Yankee. Restructuring of the entire damn system may occur.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
I could just seem them doing a presentation before Game 1 of Opening Day. I could be wrong.

They did that with Vladdy in Anaheim (also they do the same with gold gloves) so yeah there will be some sort of ceremony.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
I've always been of the belief awards should go to the most deserving candidate. Obvious enough, but often people are blinded by homerism and insist their team's players should receive everything.

However, this is just sweet justice. Even though Rodriguez did hold an advantage to Crede in about every offensive category. For the fact it's Alex Rodriguez I'm less inclined to care. One less award on his mantle.

Now, watch Crede's win set off a storm of controversy. No one does this to a Yankee. Restructuring of the entire damn system may occur.

Boras is gonna be pretty excited over this award.