SoXmas Party Friday Dec. 15th, Dugans

Hangar18

QUOTE(Pods22 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)
Why did you not get a drink package? You could have seen if the bar had something for a few hours for a set amount. :huh

Hey! thats a Good Question actually. I did ask about that, but apparently, theres also another private party going on in the backroom that took up the "drink package" according to the owner. Were going there today to check on the lighting and im going to bring it up again with him, but yeah, We definitely should have a Drink Special for this ...... I'll let you guys know tomorrow about this

Our drummer brought up us wearing Santa outfits ........... but I was a scrooge and nixed it, heh heh

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 01:31 PM)
Hey! thats a Good Question actually. I did ask about that, but apparently, theres also another private party going on in the backroom that took up the "drink package" according to the owner. Were going there today to check on the lighting and im going to bring it up again with him, but yeah, We definitely should have a Drink Special for this ...... I'll let you guys know tomorrow about this

Our drummer brought up us wearing Santa outfits ........... but I was a scrooge and nixed it, heh heh

Thanks I will not be there it was just a suggestion. I will be on my couch thinking about how I do not have to listen to your crazy ideas.

Pretty bad excuse by the bar for not offering a drink package if you ask me.

QUOTE(Pods22 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
Thanks I will not be there it was just a suggestion. I will be on my couch thinking about how I do not have to listen to your crazy ideas.

Pretty bad excuse by the bar for not offering a drink package if you ask me.

Excellent!

QUOTE(afacio @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
Did Hangar get kicked off the other board again????????? :bang :hawk:

I agreed with the Phil Rogers article, that it was a bad idea if the SOX indeed were trading all of their starters by 08.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 09:19 AM)
I will say these guys are a fun group to tailgate and party with. :cheers

Consider that the official southsider endorsement :drink

I don't believe any (other than Hangar - though I don't recall him being in attendance for any length of time) of the folks you know from the tailgates I am aware you have attended will be at this function.

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
I don't believe any (other than Hangar - though I don't recall him being in attendance for any length of time) of the folks you know from the tailgates I am aware you have attended will be at this function.

Those people who claim they are fun to tailgate with never have anything positive to say about anything or anyone. They won't be missed Friday.

Oh wait, I'm wrong. They do say something positive, they keep saying "I like beer."

Deep.

QUOTE(05 Sox R1 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
Those people who claim they are fun to tailgate with never have anything positive to say about anything or anyone. They won't be missed Friday.

Oh wait, I'm wrong. They do say something positive, they keep saying "I like beer."

Deep.

That is the funniest thing you have ever said! :headbang

QUOTE(05 Sox R1 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)

Deep.

Mike is plenty of fun to be around. As a troll mult I'm sure you are aware.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 08:40 AM)
That is the funniest thing you have ever said! :headbang

Speaks volumes. Just about the pitch of a female dog I'd guess.

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)
Mike is plenty of fun to be around. As a troll mult I'm sure you are aware.

Mike and Miller are great guys. They get it. The others are too busy trying to outdo each other on the way down the pit to notice how they appear to sober people.

QUOTE(05 Sox R1 @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
Mike and Miller are great guys. They get it. The others are too busy trying to outdo each other on the way down the pit to notice how they appear to sober people.

Don't know who Miller is but I would say your latter assesment of a lot of the Dugan's crowd is spot on.

hey, I like those guys too, they are fair and non-judgemental and dont get caught up in the hype.

kudos to them. Very good sox fans I might add.

good assessment too by the way

OH, almost forgot. The owner of the bar has promised us some type of beer special, said he will open the back bar for us.

I am not sure who you are, but for some reason, I like you already :)

Welcome to the site :cheers

QUOTE(afacio @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 10:07 AM)
uh oh. Sox fan "gang fight" at Dugan's friday........ :chair :fight :bang

Meh, that stuff is urban legend for the most part. I don't think a lot of people realize that lots of the admins of ST and WSI know each other, and are pretty good friends. Lots of us tailgate together and talk to each other.

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 05:05 AM)
Don't know who Miller is but I would say your latter assesment of a lot of the Dugan's crowd is spot on.

Miller is Itsnotrequired. The people I'm referring to who are generally negative won't be at Dugan's tomorrow. They are all getting together to wash their hair on a Friday night.

Winners. :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)
Meh, that stuff is urban legend for the most part. I don't think a lot of people realize that lots of the admins of ST and WSI know each other, and are pretty good friends. Lots of us tailgate together and talk to each other.

Why the hostility? Can't everyone just get along?

Tonites the nite everybody, look forward to seeing alot of you guys later on. Remember, some of you guys I havnt met before, so say hello, I'll do my best to introduce everyone if Im not too drunk.

Remember, this is a benefit for the Chicago Food Bank

Oh, the "beer special" is $3 domestic (doesnt sound all that special to me)

And the band has been moved again to the middle area of the place, turns out the party that was in the backroom late tonite, is now going to start a little earlier, and there would be too much overlap between everyone, but hey thats life. It'll be easier to find us now heh heh

The party was a huge success, kudos to everyone that brought food to donate, there was a lot in our boxes, so thanks again. I am always surprised by the number of "lurkers" who say hello, thats very cool too. It was cool to meet a number of you ........ we'll have to do this again