White Sox still "enamored with A-Rod"

Steve9347

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 11:43 AM)
Because they have people at the meetings. How do you think they know this?

Wow, take a look at this from Neyer's chat:

Mike (chicago, IL): Rumors are flying about A-Rod for Garcia and Crede. Anything known about this?

Rob Neyer: (12:47 PM ET ) All I know about this is the lopsided nature of the transaction. Unless the Yankees send along some money.

First time I have seen someone that isn't a Sox fan say WE would be the one getting the short end of the stick.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 11:43 AM)
Because they have people at the meetings. How do you think they know this?

I realize this...but how AROD was discussed, was my question. But obviously he is the only player we would be interested in. So I am a moron, thanks for pointing it out.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 12:08 PM)
I realize this...but how AROD was discussed, was my question. But obviously he is the only player we would be interested in. So I am a moron, thanks for pointing it out.

Ah, I think you already knew that you were, I didnt need to point it out.

Im sure that someone may have leaked that info.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 12:08 PM)

Well, you are correct, they don't KNOW for certain that ARod is the player being discussed. And I wouldn't be so sure in saying we don't have interest in any of their other players. They have a few other nice pieces KW could be zoning in on...

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 12:14 PM)
Ah, I think you already knew that you were, I didnt need to point it out.

Im sure that someone may have leaked that info.

I would love to see AROD break up the base-clogging duo of Thome and Konerko.

So I guess AROD would play 3rd this year, and then move to SS in 2008, when Mr. Fields hits the scene? Sounds like a plan. Where do we sign?

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)

So I guess AROD would play 3rd this year, and then move to SS in 2008, when Mr. Fields hits the scene? Sounds like a plan. Where do we sign?

Not necessarily. As many have said, ARod may be too bulky to play ss at this stage in his career. Although I imagine him getting the go-ahead that he could return to ss might be a factor in him waiving his NTC. If not, he could stay at third, and Fields could be used to acquire a ss prospect?

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)

yes, sounds like a great plan. i just dont think arod will get moved. everyone is saying its not worth it to trade crede/garcia for arod. ha, yea right. if i were the yankees i would want more./

QUOTE(iamshack @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
Not necessarily. As many have said, ARod may be too bulky to play ss at this stage in his career. Although I imagine him getting the go-ahead that he could return to ss might be a factor in him waiving his NTC. If not, he could stay at third, and Fields could be used to acquire a ss prospect?

Hey, whatever they decide to do. I would just love to have AROD's bat in this lineup.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 10:29 AM)
My baseball fanatic co-worker just came in from listening to some sports radio show and says the current deal being considered is Crede/Buehrle for A-Rod.

There better be a prospect thrown in along with enough money to cover ARod's entire deal.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 12:29 PM)
My baseball fanatic co-worker just came in from listening to some sports radio show and says the current deal being considered is Crede/Buehrle for A-Rod.

I keep forgetting our pitchers status...is Buerhle signed through '07 or '08?

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 12:33 PM)
I keep forgetting our pitchers status...is Buerhle signed through '07 or '08?

pretty sure it is '07, both would be one and done with out extensions...

ok here's the edit, I think MB would be done after 07 and Crede still arb eligible until 08

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 12:34 PM)
Free agent after '07 though it appears he may be negotiating a long term deal with the Sox currently.

Well, it appears that either he or Freddy is. I could see Freddy being the one who wants to negotiate a long-term deal moreso than Mark, considering that Freddy has familial connections to the team.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 12:36 PM)
Well, it appears that either he or Freddy is. I could see Freddy being the one who wants to negotiate a long-term deal moreso than Mark, considering that Freddy has familial connections to the team.

agreed.

do it. Buerhle and Crede for AROD.

The one thing that bothers me about this speculation is that no national writer or reporter has mentioned this today. I've looked at a Yankee forum and the only mention they have of it is someone relaying to them what is being reported here.

Is this just more BS reported by Levine because he doesn't know what the heck is going on? Or does he have some actual valid sources? This is a huge story, and the lid would be blowing off of it were the national writers to get a hold of it. Yet they are saying nothing or even reporting that Cashman is "sitting out" the action thus far.

What gives?

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE(iamshack @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)
The one thing that bothers me about this speculation is that no national writer or reported has mentioned this today. I've looked at a Yankee forum and the only mention they have of it is someone relaying to them what is being reported here.

Is this just more BS reported by Levine because he doesn't know what the heck is going on? Or does he have some actual valid sources? This is a huge story, and the lid would be blowing off of it were the national writers to get a hold of it. Yet they are saying nothing or even reporting that Cashman is "sitting out" the action thus far.

What gives?

You could look at it this way - Maybe this deal really is flying under the radar because it is not being picked up by everyone. There are a number of deals that get done and the big boys (ESPN, FOX, SI...) do not pick up on them until they are announced. I would think a deal of this size would be reported asap.

Then again it could just be garbage. I am not a big fan of Bruce, but he has been known to be right sometimes.