White Sox still "enamored with A-Rod"

Steve9347

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 12:58 PM)
You could look at it this way - Maybe this deal really is flying under the radar because it is not being picked up by everyone. There are a number of deals that get done and the big boys (ESPN, FOX, SI...) do not pick up on them until they are announced. I would think a deal of this size would be reported asap.

Then again it could just be garbage. I am not a big fan of Bruce, but he has been known to be right sometimes.

Too many moving parts here to keep quiet with Boras involved, lots of $$$$, ARod, and then just the size of the media for this to stay quiet.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
I think it's just Buehrle. I really don't see Garcia pitching for the Sox in '07.

Probably not. And at the very least, I don't see KW re-signing him.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 10:56 AM)
I really think it's a pipe dream. A-Rod, that is. Really doubt he'd waive his NTC to play for the White Sox.

I think that A-Rod would do just about anything to get out NYC right now.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
I think that A-Rod would do just about anything to get out NYC right now.

I agree with you 100%. You are talking about a guy who has been in the media spotlight his whole life and knows how to work the press. The only thing he is going to say to the media is how much he loves NY, and how he wants to be a Yankee for life, dispite whatever his true feelings are. The kid isn't stupid, he knows if he said "I hate this f***ing s***hole, trade me NOW!" he would never hear the end of it. Instead he gets to make it look like the Yankees wanted to get rid of him, and he gets a PR vacation as the victim.

I agree - A-Rod and is not going to demand a trade and the Yankees are not going to come out and say that he is available. They are trying to avaoid a circus.

It is like Williams saying he is not going to trade one of his pitchers, when more than likely he is.

Why make statements that can come back a bite you. What happens if statements are made and the Yankees keep A-Rod and Williams can not find a deal that he likes and we have the same rotation as last year. Players, fans, the press get upset and relationships go bad.

According to ESPN 1000 Alex Rodriguez was not discussed last night during the Cashman/Williams talks. It was strickly Sox SP for Yankees RP being talked about. I'd imagine names like Farnsworth and Myers were mentioned when discussing Yankees relievers which makes little sense to me.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 12:36 PM)
I think it's just Buehrle. I really don't see Garcia pitching for the Sox in '07.

I think it the other way around. Garcia found a way to pitch without his fastball and even added a splitfinger. He also managed to give a lot of inning and seems to be happy here. MB was leaving everything up and not pitching inside and seemed to lose his confidence. All we hear is that he wants to pitch for the Cards. The only thing that makes me think otherwise is that MB is the only Lefty on our staff.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 11:49 AM)
According to ESPN 1000 Alex Rodriguez was not discussed last night during the Cashman/Williams talks. It was strickly Sox SP for Yankees RP being talked about. I'd imagine names like Farnsworth and Myers were mentioned when discussing Yankees relievers which makes little sense to me.

Did they bug the salt shakers?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 01:55 PM)
Did they bug the salt shakers?

Appearantly Levine snuck into the White Sox sweet by hiding under a room service cart, he was rolled up in the fetal position for a good 6 hours listening in on Williams and Cashman playing a very heated game of Mario Kart.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 3, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
Yeah, we'd be fools to trade an impending FA and a guy who had a career year who won't re-sign here anyway for likely the best baseball player of our time.

That's my first thought.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)

How about No sense

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)

thats a load of s***. the white sox dont want any of the yankees pitchers who arent named scott proctor. and the yankees wont move proctor.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
thats a load of s***. the white sox dont want any of the yankees pitchers who arent named scott proctor. and the yankees wont move proctor.

I figured it out. A deal has been reached, but they are now asking for AROD to waive his no-trade clause. Bruce Levine confronted someone and they lied, and said it had nothing to do with AROD. They didn't want him to find out about it before hand. Based on this, I now know its a done deal. Can't wait to see him in a sox uniform next year.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)

I'll join you with that statement. Why would the Sox trade a SP for a RP at this point? With Padilla getting 11m a year and Lily looking at around the same, even for one year our starters would be worth more than a Yankee RP.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 03:03 PM)
I'll join you with that statement. Why would the Sox trade a SP for a RP at this point? With Padilla getting 11m a year and Lily looking at around the same, even for one year our starters would be worth more than a Yankee RP.

They arent, that was pure smokescreen. KW wouldnt want ANY of their relievers.

I disagree with those who say A-Rod won't leave NY. IMO that guy can't WAIT to get out of NYC, where they have been BRUTAL to him this past season. Man, we're bad when our players suck, but they rode him every game.

He comes here, he's an instant superstar and you know he'll get a royal welcome. AND we're a contender. It's not like he's going to KC.

The question becomes, if this were to happen--where goes Uribe? Do you put him on third, or on the bench?

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)
I disagree with those who say A-Rod won't leave NY. IMO that guy can't WAIT to get out of NYC, where they have been BRUTAL to him this past season. Man, we're bad when our players suck, but they rode him every game.

He comes here, he's an instant superstar and you know he'll get a royal welcome. AND we're a contender. It's not like he's going to KC.

The question becomes, if this were to happen--where goes Uribe? Do you put him on third, or on the bench?

A-rod plays 3B, Uribe plays SS.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 05:45 PM)
A-rod plays 3B, Uribe plays SS.

If A-Rod hadn't bulked up, as some on here have mentioned, I would have much rather had Uribe at 3B and A-Rod at SS.

As we know, Rodriguez isn't the greatest 3B, but he was a damn good SS. Uribe is one of the best SS's in the game, but I think he'd be able to handle 3B much better than A-Rod could. So, instead of having a great SS and a slightly-above-mediocre 3B, we would have two pretty damn great defenders at both positions.

That is, of course, if A-Rod hadn't put on weight.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 02:47 PM)
If A-Rod hadn't bulked up, as some on here have mentioned, I would have much rather had Uribe at 3B and A-Rod at SS.

As we know, Rodriguez isn't the greatest 3B, but he was a damn good SS. Uribe is one of the best SS's in the game, but I think he'd be able to handle 3B much better than A-Rod could. So, instead of having a great SS and a slightly-above-mediocre 3B, we would have two pretty damn great defenders at both positions.

That is, of course, if A-Rod hadn't put on weight.

A-Rod was actually doing pretty well at 3B up until the '05 playoffs. I think that his defensive problems are mental and that he'd improve if he got out of The Bronx.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 11:59 AM)
The Sun-Times this morning quashed this rumor, for whatever that's worth.

KW said in a Trib interview that "any rumor you see about us adding a big bat is false." Well I guess that is about as clear as it gets. There was none of the usual ambiguity in that statement.