A-Rod deal heating up?

Guillen'sGuy

The rumor now is the reason KW got rid of Garcia in return for little was that it was a salary dump. He's also in the market to dump either Vazquez or Buehrle to free up some money in order to bring in none other than Alex Rodriguez. I'm all for a move of this nature. I understand that pitching wins championships, as was evident in 2005, but the opportunity to bring in A-Rod is a no brainer. He is on track to be the best shortstop in the history of MLB. I think bringing A-Rod in, putting him back at shortstop in a city with a market similar to NY (but not nearly the media frenzy), is just what he needs to revitalize his career. I just hope that Kenny can pull it off and if anyone can, he'd be the one to do it. LET'S GO KENNY!!!!

:pray

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Guillen @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)
The rumor now is the reason KW got rid of Garcia in return for little was that it was a salary dump. He's also in the market to dump either Vazquez or Buehrle to free up some money in order to bring in none other than Alex Rodriguez. I'm all for a move of this nature. I understand that pitching wins championships, as was evident in 2005, but the opportunity to bring in A-Rod is a no brainer. He is on track to be the best shortstop in the history of MLB. I think bringing A-Rod in, putting him back at shortstop in a city with a market similar to NY (but not nearly the media frenzy), is just what he needs to revitalize his career. I just hope that Kenny can pull it off and if anyone can, he'd be the one to do it. LET'S GO KENNY!!!!

:pray

i would love to get arod and am all for it...but it doesnt seem likely, where did you hear this?

QUOTE(philadelphia sox fan @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 04:43 PM)
Doesn't ARod have a full no trade clause? Why would he want to move to Chicago? And do the White Sox really want a terrible fielder at what I think is the most important fielding position (3b)

If Uribe was still on the team, he would play third and A-Rod short. Uribe played pretty good third when given the chance and with that arm would be better than Crede.

QUOTE(Guillen @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 04:45 PM)
The rumor also included trading Crede to the Yanks, bringing up J. Fields and moving AROD back to shortstop.

i could live with that..we have more pressing needs though, such as getting a center fielder (baldelli :pray )

Edited by Melissa1334

Why is everyone so pessimistic? It's the hot stove season in baseball, take the rumor and run with it. Furthermore, Kenny's proven over the years that he's capable of everything and anything. I wouldn't put anything past him.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 06:47 PM)
If Uribe was still on the team, he would play third and A-Rod short. Uribe played pretty good third when given the chance and with that arm would be better than Crede.

Just b/c Uribe has a better arm than Crede, doesn't necessarily make him a better 3b. Crede makes some incredible plays on the hot corner. Playing 3b is all about seeing the ball come off the bat and reacting, something Joe does better than the majority of major leaguers. In regards to AROD though, Crede would be traded to the Yanks and J. Fields brought up.

QUOTE(Guillen @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)
Why is everyone so pessimistic? It's the hot stove season in baseball, take the rumor and run with it. Furthermore, Kenny's proven over the years that he's capable of everything and anything. I wouldn't put anything past him.

Just b/c Uribe has a better arm than Crede, doesn't necessarily make him a better 3b. Crede makes some incredible plays on the hot corner. Playing 3b is all about seeing the ball come off the bat and reacting, something Joe does better than the majority of major leaguers. In regards to AROD though, Crede would be traded to the Yanks and J. Fields brought up.

I have a lot of trust in Uribe's glove. Its also a lot less ground to cover.

QUOTE(Guillen @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 05:54 PM)

I'm pessimistic beacuse if I owned a team, I wouldn't want a player who is a below average fielder and weak under pressure to be an important part of my team.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 06:58 PM)
I have a lot of trust in Uribe's glove. Its also a lot less ground to cover.

The Yanks had a lot of confidence in AROD's glove and look what happened there. I'm telling you, don't underestimate the difficulty in switching from SS to 3B.

That makes no sense. Why would we have to wait to clear salary cap space to make a deal for Arod? If we were going to acquire him, we could have done so and traded a pitcher later (if one wasn't already included in the deal).

Unless we were including Floyd or Gio in the trade... but c'mon, is that really what the Yanks are looking for?

Edited by Frank the Tank 35