A-Rod deal heating up?

Guillen'sGuy

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
Ok then in that case we should have never signed/traded for Freddy Garcia, Contreras, Jim Thome, Juan Uribe, AJ Pierzsinky etc since they had never won a ring before coming to us too. Your logic is warped dude.

Are all those players you just listed considered to be the best players of our time. You are now comparing all those players to A-Rod. Talk about warped logic. I am done arguing with you DUDE.

I have not once said that we should bring in only people that have won. This is about one player and A-Rod would take up a huge part of our budget and become the face of the team.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first thought when I heard about the Garcia deal was that it had to be a lead in to something else. A-Rod? Maybe. Or maybe something we haven't considered...like Garland for Todd Ritchie and a PTBNL.

All kidding aside, I'd love to see A-Rod here. I think he wants out of NY and would do well here. But will it happen? I'll believe it when I see it.

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
Are all those players you just listed considered to be the best players of our time. You are now comparing all those players to A-Rod. Talk about warped logic. I am done arguing with you DUDE.

I have not once said that we should bring in only people that have won. This is about one player and A-Rod would take up a huge part of our budget and become the face of the team.

i am pretty sure that disintegrates the chances of the sox trading forr him. his talent is great, but unless the yanks sent over around half of his contract then the sox prob wont have the money for him (just look at what they are doing to the praised rotation saying they wont go with the market price)

Then the face of the team, just think about it, would Ozzie let that happen???? no way in hell, this is Ozzie's team and you would have to kill him to get it back (probably kill him by talking to much but thats beside the point) Ozzie wants this team to be his, and acts pretty immaturely towards harmless comments like Mccarthy's and just think of what he would do to ARod, that said i would love arod anytime because of his hall of fame talent but the downfalls of price, budget, and image is to great

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 07:16 PM)
Those would be my opinions. I never once stated them as fact.

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 05:42 PM)
The point is that A-Rod is not a team player. He has a track record of not doing well in the playoffs and has cost his teams the opportunity to win a ring.

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
No one is questioning how nice of a person he is, but the fact is that he does not win.

hmmm, those dont really look like you are stating them as opinions. It really looks like you are stating them as facts.....

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 07:16 PM)
He called out Jeter this past season in press. Radio, Paper, ESPN all covered it.

Link?

Arod really hasnt done all that bad in the playoffs. Of course, he didnt win any games with a grand slam like Konerko, so he must not be very good

If people are asking for proof that he is not a good guy in the clubhouse I would then ask for proof that he is a good guy in the club house.

When guys are known for being jerks in clubhouses, its all over the papers, especially in New York. Good guys dont get the same pub that malcontents get.

Edited by kyyle23

Hey Kyyle23 - Has A-Rod won a chapionship? I guess that would be a correct fact that he hasn't won.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
Wow, people really are that bored.

After all the action late last night - you're right it is boring right now :)

Edited by Soxman72

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
Hey Kyle - Has A-Rod won a chapionship? I guess that would be a correct fact that he hasn't won.

Is this all you have? Championships? There are 750+ guys every year who dont win a championship, that doesnt mean they cannot win a championship in their career. Roger Clemens waited for over 10 years before he won a championship, that doesnt mean he couldnt do it. What a lame argument. You act as if he is on the last legs of his career.

And why dont you address the rest of your statements? You keep saying he has a track record of having bad playoffs, when the numbers show different. Where did Arod call out Jeter?

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
Is this all you have? Championships? There are 750+ guys every year who dont win a championship, that doesnt mean they cannot win a championship in their career. Roger Clemens waited for over 10 years before he won a championship, that doesnt mean he couldnt do it. What a lame argument. You act as if he is on the last legs of his career.

What do you play that game for? You want to win and my all time favorite player Carlton Fisk never won a World Series. He was a great player, but he was not deemed one of the best players of all time. Everyone think A-Rod is a god and the has not won a championship. Could he win one - yes, but he has not won one yet.

You claimed I made an incorrect fact, but I did not. A-Rod is great player, but not winner

If you want to read his statements or see his stats you are free to go look them up. Are you calling A-Rod a good playoff player?

Edited by Soxman72

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
He certainly hasn't been bad.

In all honesty if Juan Uribe had A-Rods numbers in the postseason he would have a great reputation.

-BUT-

A-Rod makes a lot of money and is supposed to be a franchise player. He is supposed to be one of the best players of all time and he hasn't put up outstanding numbers in the playoffs like he should.

Once again If A-Rod is so great and perfect - Why are the Yankees shopping him.

I am not trying to be an ass, but I have my own opinions.

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
In all honesty if Juan Uribe had A-Rods numbers in the postseason he would have a great reputation.

-BUT-

A-Rod makes a lot of money and is supposed to be a franchise player. He is supposed to be one of the best players of all time and he hasn't put up outstanding numbers in the playoffs like he should.

Once again If A-Rod is so great and perfect - Why are the Yankees shopping him.

I am not trying to be an ass, but I have my own opinions.

Well Wayne Gretzky was traded, Babe Ruth was sold, Wilt Chamberlain was traded. No offense but the "why are they shopping him?" excuse is a bit ridiculous.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
Well Wayne Gretzky was traded, Babe Ruth was sold, Wilt Chamberlain was traded. No offense but the "why are they shopping him?" excuse is a bit ridiculous.

A-Rod if moved will be on his 4th team. Do you think the Seattle fans miss him? How about Texas? I will bet that IF moved New York will help pack his bags.

Correct me if I am wrong (And I could be), but didnt thos players you listed win Championships?

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
A-Rod if moved will be on his 4th team. Do you think the Seattle fans miss him? How about Texas? I will bet that IF moved New York will help pack his bags.

Correct me if I am wrong (And I could be), but didnt thos players you listed win Championships?

You're honestly using championships in baseball to show how good a player is? No offense, but that's ridiculous. He's an offensive player, he can only do so much.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
You're honestly using championships in baseball to show how good a player is? No offense, but that's ridiculous. He's an offensive player, he can only do so much.

it is the end-all be-all of all baseball discussions. if you havent won a championship, the White Sox dont need you.

wait a second, why then did the White Sox trade for Thome and Mackowiak last year......

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)

-I have stated that I believe A-Rod is a great individual HOF Player.

-I do not want him on the White Sox

-There other players out there that I would rather put money into - and yes some of those players have not won a championship.

-A-Rod is a selfish player and I think his presence is bad in a clubhouse.

-I don't believe he will be happy until he is on a team like Tampa or Pittsburgh where he can be the lone Superstar and not have the pressure of the media.

-There are some fantastic players who have played baseball, but you are always asked about a championship. A player like A-Rod will always be remembered, especially if he does not win a chamionship.

All of my opinions on this matter have been stated and I am not posting about this topic anymore. What is the point in arguing about this any further. What I and others say has no influence on the team getting A-Rod.

And Kyyle23 - you should try reading some of my posts, before you come after me. I never once said the White Sox should not obtain anyone who has not won a championship - JUST NOT A-ROD.

Edited by Soxman72

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
-I have stated that I believe A-Rod is a great individual HOF Player.

-I do not want him on the White Sox

-There other players out there that I would rather put money into - and yes some of those players have not won a championship.

-A-Rod is a selfish player and I think his presence is bad in a clubhouse.

-I don't believe he will be happy until he is on a team like Tampa or Pittsburgh where he can be the lone Superstar and not have the pressure of the media.

-There are some fantastic players who have played baseball, but you are always asked about a championship. A player like A-Rod will always be remembered, especially if he does not win a chamionship.

All of my opinions on this matter have been stated and I am not posting about this topic anymore. What is the point in arguing about this any further. What I and others say has no influence on the team getting A-Rod.

How so?

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)

Arod waived his no-trade clause to get out of Texas so he could go to New York. Your statement is just about the opposite of what Arod, himself has chosen to do thusfar in his career.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
2005 ALDS, 9th inning, Jeter on first, Yankees down by 1, 0 outs, ARod GIDP while swinging to try to get everything in one swing.

Let's put it this way, if the $25 million dollar man bunted Jeter over, don't you think he would've got reamed for not swinging for the fences? "We pay him $25 million a year to bunt?" :bang

QUOTE(ChiSoxLifer @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)
Let's put it this way, if the $25 million dollar man bunted Jeter over, don't you think he would've got reamed for not swinging for the fences? "We pay him $25 million a year to bunt?" :bang

Haha! Good one! :D

If I am Kenny Williams (which for the record I am not), I call Brian Cashman and say, "Look pal, this is my final offer. Straight up, Juan Uribe for A-Rod and Cash." Should Cashman say no or start laughing uncontrollably, I start calling every pizza joint in New York and start having pizzas delivered to Yankee stadium address to Cashman,

QUOTE(ChiSoxLifer @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)

Would have been nice if he could have at least moved the runner over. Would have won the game.

Derek Jeter loves all his teammates equally . . . or does he?

Derek Jeter: 2006, re: ARod:

"I said the only thing I wasn't going to do was tell the fans who they should boo and who they shouldn't boo."

Derek Jeter: 2005, re: Giambi:

Jeter implored Yankees fans to stop booing Giambi. "The fans have to start cheering for him," Jeter said. "If you're a Yankee fan, you want us to win and we need Jason ."