Ross Gload Traded For Andrew Sisco

Ozzie's Accent

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 04:47 AM)
I love the heat, but isn't it more efffective to have a few fireballers mixed in with a few junk ballers in the pen? Hitters won't have to make many adjustments when they know every guy in our pen is gonna throw 95-100 mph heat.

The Royals might have become our farm system.

The beauty of these guys are how hard they throw with the ability to throw a hard breaking ball to boot.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(joejoedairy @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 02:34 AM)
This trade blows. Cisco is awful. Everytime he came in against us I knew the sox were going to score. Remember when he walked in 2 guys and we won 2-1 after grienke threw 8 shutout innings. Gload should have started this year over pods and thome.

hahahahaha.

2006 or 2005? because he was two differnt guys. Not to mention he is 23, has a power arm, and great stuff. Gload appreciates the suuport though. :D

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(joejoedairy @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 09:08 AM)
We have enough slow power hitters. Gload could run, hit line drives and hit over 300. We won with good baserunning and clutch hitting. our 3-4-5 is too slow. Not sayin gload should hit 4th or anything but we need some speed in the middle of the lineup

Gload's probable replacement for back up at 1B will be Casey Rogowski, who had 20 sb's in 2005 and 26 sb's last yr in AAA, or Mackowiak, who also runs well.

Bottom line is Gload was replaceable. Arms like Sisco don't come around that often for the price of a backup 1b man.

Here's a good summary of Sisco prior to last yr from John Sickels:

http://www.minorleagueball.com/story/2006/3/26/123534/751

The only reason Sisco was put in the pen by the Royals was to keep him on the roster the entire yr or they'd lose him back to the Cubs. The part where Sisco came back strong, prepared for spring after getting picked in the Rule 5 draft bodes well for the sox. It's likely he'll come prepared for this spring, pitching in either the rotation or bullpen, depending on his preference [per KW]. After being forced into the bullpen, he can now stay there if he wants.

There's something to say about his makeup that he embraced the bullpen role in KC in 2005 and did very well there after being a SP.

QUOTE(joejoedairy @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 02:34 AM)
This trade blows. Cisco is awful. Everytime he came in against us I knew the sox were going to score. Remember when he walked in 2 guys and we won 2-1 after grienke threw 8 shutout innings. Gload should have started this year over pods and thome.

I didn't know Ross posted on this board, wow. Sorry to hear about you getting traded, good luck in KC :)

QUOTE(Felix @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 10:39 AM)
I didn't know Ross posted on this board, wow. Sorry to hear about you getting traded, good luck in KC :)

I love the trade, you move a situational player for a lefty with a ton of upside. Gload has peaked and would never see regular time in this lineup.

Just heard it on the radio.

Andrew Sisco.

Very good trade. Gload was a competent backup and could have been an upgrade in LF over Pods, but he wouldn't have been used like that regardless. So, trading a 30 year old perma-bench player for a 23 year old lefty pitcher with a lot of upside potential makes a lot of sense.

Let's remember that Sisco needs some work. Since he has options left, I hope he starts the season in AAA so he can work on what he needs to work on.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
could have been an upgrade in LF over Pods

You couldn't just be happy, huh? The idea that Gload would be better than Pods as our LF is funny. Especially, considering the gaping hole we'd have in line up in the lead off spot.

You couldn't just be happy, huh? The idea that Gload would be better than Pods as our LF is funny. Especially, considering the gaping hole we'd have in line up in the lead off spot.

I could be happy, and I am. It is clearly a good trade. I think I said that too.

Gload, of course, would have been better than Pods in left field. A lot better. Virtually anyone left in the lineup would have been better than Pods leading off. Iguchi would be a significant upgrade over Pods in the leadoff spot. You don't need a base stealing speedster leading off. You need a guy that gets on base. That is MUCH more important than speed. That is, if you want to score runs.

I think the Royals and their fans are going to be most impressed by the play of Ross Gload.

So goes Pods, so goes the White Sox offense. The first half of '05, the second half of '05 and all of '06. The Sox won 75% of the games in which he had at least one hit. We can only hope that he's due for a bounce back.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Dec 18, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)
I think the Royals and their fans are going to be most impressed by the play of Ross Gload.

So goes Pods, so goes the White Sox offense. The first half of '05, the second half of '05 and all of '06. The Sox won 75% of the games in which he had at least one hit. We can only hope that he's due for a bounce back.

Your post lead me to think about how they will use him because I felt his arm , which in turn led me to wonder how Buddy Bell was doing. He had a cancer on his throat removed and missed the late part of the 2nd half last season. Turns out he is doing great, he said his strength is not 100% but improving and he will be in spring training leading the Royals into the 2007 season.

Here's his quote

Bell said it took almost a month to regain his voice, but now he's finally ready to start an argument with an umpire.

"That would be nice, as a matter of fact," he said.

The tumor was cancerous and larger than doctors had anticipated, he said. He is no longer undergoing treatment.

"They got all the margins and everything looks clear," he said. "I'm thankful I had a pretty good doctor."

He first noticed a problem last February when he took a big drink of cold water. But he didn't see a doctor until the condition seemed to worsen in August and September.

"I probably should have gone in sooner than I did," he said. "I really feel better now than I have in three or four years. I don't know if it's because of what I went through and I'm grateful for it, or I just see things a little clearer, friends and organization mean that much more to me. They've always meant something to me."

Good for Buddy!

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Dec 18, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)

Except Pods sucked in 2006, and the White Sox still won 90 games and had one of the better offenses in the league.

QUOTE(Felix @ Dec 18, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
Except Pods sucked in 2006, and the White Sox still won 90 games and had one of the better offenses in the league.

Shows you how good the offense actually was. The Yankees are probably the only other team capable of putting up stats like we did without a competent leadoff hitter.