Ross Gload Traded For Andrew Sisco

Ozzie's Accent

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Gload, probably one of his biggest fans on the site but this is a fabulous move. Anytime you can trade a guy who is nothing more than a role player on our team for a guy with one of the better young left handed arms arounds, its what I would call a good deal.

That said I think the Royals will be pleasantly surprised in what they have in Ross and I'm really glad he's going to get a chance to play a lot. However, anytime you get a guy with Sisco's potential its a good thing. Two years ago (as a rule V pick) he looked flat out nasty and than kind of backtracked last season.

It should be noted he was really that god awful last year though.

[hangar18] SIGH.......the SOX are cutting payroll again [/hangar18]

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Going to miss Gload, but like other's have said. Hopefully he'll have the chance to finally be a starter and show what he's got.

Unless Sweeney is hurt, which he probably is or soon will be, Gload is going to be a bench player again.

I wasn't always a fan of Sisco because even in 2005 he still had a WHIP of 1.46, and it's not like he ever dominated lefties. I think the Royals were trying to stretch him out as a starter too.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could have sworn Allan Baird got fired last year, but this and the Meche signing make me believe Moore is a robot controlled by Baird from somewhere in the US. What a stupid, stupid trade for the Royals.

Looks like Moore is trying to rid himself of all of Baird's signing and players.

How does Gload fit for the Royals?

Rotoworld hits the nail on the head again:

Royals acquired first baseman Ross Gload from the White Sox for LHP Andrew Sisco.

Awful. At least Rafael Soriano for Horacio Ramirez could be justified by the not quite non-existent chance that Ramirez could somehow be a No. 3 starter in the AL. Gload is a 30-year-old backup first baseman with little chance of being more than a useful pinch-hitter going forward. Sisco is a 24-year-old left-hander with terrific stuff who the Royals made the mistake of forcing into the bullpen. Players like Gload are available as minor league free agents every year. Players like Sisco become available only when you're lucky enough to catch a bad GM on the right day. We're growing less impressed with Dayton Moore by the minute. Gload can hit a little in his limited role, but he's no better equipped to help the Royals than Justin Huber is. Huber is probably the next youngster Moore will sell off for at a big discount.

Sisco was a Rule 5 pick up in 2005 for the Royals, and was pretty unhittable at the beginning of that season, but the White Sox would always hammer him. Maybe they saw him tipping his pitches or something, but then again everyone was hammering him last year. Gload rarely plays, and Sisco's upside is so much higher, this is a move KW would have been foolish not to make, even if Sisco does turn into a bust.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 11:59 AM)
Roto for our side of the deal.

Sounds like what I had to say before I saw that...

Like Gavin Floyd, Sisco has options remaining. He won't be guaranteed a spot in the Sox pen. In fact, I'd be ecstatic if he lost out on LOOGY duties to Boone Logan in spring training. It would give the Sox the option to turn the high-upside Sisco back into a starter.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 12:07 PM)
Gload rarely plays, and Sisco's upside is so much higher, this is a move KW would have been foolish not to make, even if Sisco does turn into a bust.

Exactly. Its a pretty low-risk, high-reward trade. Not exactly sure where the benefit for the Royals is here. You wouldn't think they'd be in the position to trade young live arms, and they've traded Burgos and Sisco in the same off-season for players with little upside (Bannister and Gload).

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 11:10 AM)
If its true, I like the deal.

Sisco fits the model for the team out of the pen. Lots of nasty stuff... and he's a lefty.

I like Gload, he will be missed. But I think the deal is alright (presuming its true).

wow, great trade by KW. Sisco has a GREAT arm, Gload was basically worthless to us.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 11:45 AM)
:)

i think they are overreacting a little, as Gload shoudl hit .300+ and give them stellar defense, but Sisco should have garnered a larger price tag. The cubs have been interested in him for years to start for them, and they were throwing around alot better name to trade for him than Ross Gload.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 12:19 PM)
How hard does he throw?

Gas.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 11:09 AM)
I love Ross as much as anyone but the problem is Ozzie just doesn't play him and probably never would. Our bullpen must have the best pure stuff in all of baseball with Sisco added to it. I like this trade a lot, though I'm going to miss Ross and I hope to god he gets his shot in KC, he deserves it.

I liked Cicso the few times I saw him - a lot of potential, but I think the White Sox will miss Gload. He deserved more playing time, and I was advocating that he play at least 1x per week for Thome, who we saw struggle some in the 2nd half with minor (hand/back) injuries. He also was a nice fill-in player for both Dye and Konerko so he will be missed.

The Sox are obviously loading up with younger, power arms, and Cisco is a lefty (I believe) which does fill a need, so I understand why they made the trade - it's another potential trade.

24 year old left handed power pitcher. I cant stop drooling.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 12:29 PM)
Any possiblity the Sox are maybe thinking of using Sisco as a starter if they move either Javy or Garland?

I would say he is going to maybe be a replacement down the line, not next season.