Ross Gload Traded For Andrew Sisco

Ozzie's Accent

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 11:05 AM)
Just heard it on the radio.

Sisco has the arm, but I dont know about this trade. Our best line drive hitter is gone, yet Pods is still on this team. Ozzie's insistence on midget speed guys who cant hit is amazing.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
Sisco has the arm, but I dont know about this trade. Our best line drive hitter is gone, yet Pods is still on this team. Ozzie's insistence on midget speed guys who cant hit is amazing.

I love Ross as much as anyone but the problem is Ozzie just doesn't play him and probably never would. Our bullpen must have the best pure stuff in all of baseball with Sisco added to it. I like this trade a lot, though I'm going to miss Ross and I hope to god he gets his shot in KC, he deserves it.

Edited by Rowand44

with mack on the bench i got no problems with this...i hope ross does well, im not sure where he fits in KC, with shealy at 1st and sweeney, maybe OF maybe just becnh guy....but sisco is still really young, and hes the typical dare i say cooper project...if he can reduce those walks

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 11:09 AM)
I love Ross as much as anyone but the problem is Ozzie just doesn't play him and probably never would. Our bullpen must have the best pure stuff in all of baseball with Sisco added to it. I like this trade a lot, though I'm going to miss Ross and I hope to god he gets his shot in KC, he deserves it.

Sisco has a good arm, and fits our mold. I am just still disgusted that Pods will be patrolling or kicking balls around in LF this year. This trade, and a platoon of Mack and Ozuna in LF would make me happy. Just venting.

Edited by southsideirish71

I like this trade you get a young Power Arm who is under the teams control for the next 4 years I am pretty sure his numbers were crap last year but Kenny would not trade for him unless he was sure he Coop could fix him and all that he had to give up was a bench player. I like alot of other people liked Ross Gload hopefully he will have a chance to play everyday.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 11:12 AM)
Sisco has a good arm, and fits our mold. I am just still disgusted that Pods will be patrolling or kicking balls around in LF this year. This trade, and a platoon of Mack and Ozuna in LF would make me happy. Just venting.

Ya, well none of us are happy about Pods. That being said the first "goal" of the offseason was to make the bullpen nasty, now we don't have a nasty bullpen in terms of results yet but a pen of: Bobby, Matt, MacD, Aaaaardsma, Sisco and Floyd is sure nasty in the stuff department.

WE CAN'T LIKE THIS DEAL!!! SISCO IS AN EX-CUB!!!!

I'll miss Gload's bat off the bench, but if Podsednik and Anderson can improve this season (and I believe.....hope....they can), then Mackowiak should replace Gload as the primary LH bench bat.

The Sox needed another lefty arm in the pen and Sisco has a lot of upside.

I like the deal.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 05:06 PM)

I also do not want Pods on this team in 07 but if you cant upgrade from him you have keep him around till you can

another implication of this trade is whether we are gonna carry 12 pitchers this year, and if not who replaces gload on the bench? my guess is with macks and ozunas versatility and the fact that cintron can play anywhere in the IF that we will carry 12 pitchers (especially with inexperience in the pen) but that said, since ozzie said mack wont play center, even if anderson is in center we have no backup, so maybe sweeney stays on ?

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 11:15 AM)
Sisco can be nasty, but his control sucks.

Yup. Sounds like a Matt Thornton deal to me. Sisco probably is one of those guys that Coop has been salivating over for a few years.

I like this deal a lot. We all like Gload, but to get a quality bullpen arm for a utility player who never played is a pretty good deal on our end.

One that I must say I'm not a big fan of. Could just be because I love Gload's game so much and think he was a perfect PH off the bench late in games. Unfortunately we already ahve two with Mack and Cintron. It's also too bad that he really doesnt' have a position except first and we are all filled up there.

I really expect him to have some big base hits against us this year. On the other hand, hopefully Sisco is another Thornton. He has been some kinda awful the last two years.

I like this trade actually. Freeing up a bench spot gives one of the kids (Sweeney, Owens, even Fields) a chance to really push Pods for the job in left or BA in center. And Sisco is almost unhittable when he is on, Cooper has done quite well so far rebuilding lefties. there is gonna be a lot of heat coming out of the pen this year.

:o

Hm. Well, hate to say it, being as big a Gload fan as any, but this does appear to be a decent deal for all involved. Assuming Gload wasn't going to get a shot in LF (which he probably wasn't), then his talents were sort of wasted here. And Sisco will make for a nice addition.

But if we start the season with Pods in LF and Gload would have had a shot, then this is less than ideal.

I'm guessing that KC sees Sweeney's creaky body going downhill fast, and wants a 1B/DH to go with Shealy.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 11:29 AM)
:o

Hm. Well, hate to say it, being as big a Gload fan as any, but this does appear to be a decent deal for all involved. Assuming Gload wasn't going to get a shot in LF (which he probably wasn't), then his talents were sort of wasted here. And Sisco will make for a nice addition.

Tis how I feel. I'm still of the opinion that Ross can be a real good regular in this league(Tony is just wrong :P ) but he wasn't going to get his opportunity here.

If this is true, I like this trade a lot. Sisco's development may have been delayed because KC had to keep him up on the ML level since they grabbed him from the Cubs in the Rule IV (is it IV???) draft.

Seems like a trend that KW follows for Coop projects, and I like the results so far