Colon is the Sox undisputed Ace

Rex Hudler

I remember more his attitude. He knew he was going to win. Maybe to be a top shelf pitcher you have to be a bit of a dickead.

I just found out the replacement speaker for Dibbs at the minor league All-Star Game down here is going to be Fergie Jenkins. They are selling him as an ex-Ranger pitcher.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I didnt read the whole thread. I just thought you were being serious and, even tho Im a Colon fan, I thought the beginning of this thread was insane so I jumped right on it. And your welcome for the compliment. I do think youre mostly pretty intelligent...

roman, you didn't read all of the posts did you??  I said about 7 or 8 posts before this one that I was basically trying to bait Ncorgbl into a late night debate, so many of my comments were "dramatized" for effect.  See the following copied from one of my recent posts:

I was just bored last night and I told HSC I was going to try to stir something up. I saw you on and knew you would not back down from a good debate. She warned me it could go on all night. Hence my disappointment that I didn't get your fired up more. I thought some of my comments were "out there" enough to get you fired up. LOL

Then again, when all is said and done, Colon's career may just meet or exceed those of any Sox pitcher in the last 20 years.  It may not, but it is possible.  Was Seaver in the last 20 years?? He could be the exception.

I think Seaver was in the 60s and 70s. Probably not in the last 20 years. I believe he was on those '69 Miracle Mets...

roman, you didn't read all of the posts did you??  I said about 7 or 8 posts before this one that I was basically trying to bait Ncorgbl into a late night debate, so many of my comments were "dramatized" for effect.  See the following copied from one of my recent posts:

I was just bored last night and I told HSC I was going to try to stir something up. I saw you on and knew you would not back down from a good debate. She warned me it could go on all night. Hence my disappointment that I didn't get your fired up more. I thought some of my comments were "out there" enough to get you fired up. LOL

Then again, when all is said and done, Colon's career may just meet or exceed those of any Sox pitcher in the last 20 years.  It may not, but it is possible.  Was Seaver in the last 20 years?? He could be the exception.

I think Seaver was in the 60s and 70s. Probably not in the last 20 years. I believe he was on those '69 Miracle Mets...

Seaver's career definitely went into the 80's, I just can't remember how far.

So we can undisputedly say that Tom Seaver was indeed the best pitcher to don a Sox uniform in the last 20 years. 

Note: I am not talking results while he was with the Sox, but the best pitcher overall.

There was also Steve Carlton...

What year? That would definitely pose a possible dilemma. Seaver or Carlton, hmmmm........

So we can undisputedly say that Tom Seaver was indeed the best pitcher to don a Sox uniform in the last 20 years. 

Note: I am not talking results while he was with the Sox, but the best pitcher overall.

There was also Steve Carlton...

What year? That would definitely pose a possible dilemma. Seaver or Carlton, hmmmm........

http://www.baseballreference.com/c/carltst01.shtml

Briefly in '86.

What actually happened to Black Jack... He had a routine procedure done to clean up bone chips from his elbow. During the operation, some nerve damage was done, causing one of the muscles in his right forearm to, in effect, die. I read an interview with him somewhere, probably at WSI.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Not unless we can put him on a diet, and get him hooked on jogging. :huh:

an insentive diet.. run from krispy kream to krispy kream store.......they are spread out fairly well around here so maybe can work one off on the way to the next????? :huh: :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
Thats a good idea! You could be his personal trainer!

he couldnt handle my training program.. he would drop dead of heart failure in the first ten minutes......... :D or drown in his own silvia watching me munch on a suzy q while he was working out......... :D

Not unless we can put him on a diet, and get him hooked on jogging. :huh:

The same jogging he did on the grounder to short saturday?

He still hasn't reached first base...though he's almost there..

When he hit that ball, i exclaimed "run that out" in a joking manner and my dad was laughing his ass off

The same jogging he did on the grounder to short saturday?

He still hasn't reached first base...though he's almost there..

When he hit that ball, i exclaimed "run that out" in a joking manner and my dad was laughing his ass off

Remember Saturday's game when Buerhle almost beat out the infield single? He gave up three straight hits and gave the cub the momentum in the bottom of the inning. A pitcher trying to leg out an infield single isn't all that bright. Especially for a guy that is second in the A.L. in IP's and fifth in strike-outs. Oh wait he doesn't talk nice to everyone.

The Sox should sign Colon to an extension.  Pay him $10-$12 mil a year for 5 years....  this guy is exactly what the Sox need for the future.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Instead of awarding a huge contract to players who've taken care of bussiness for two or three seasons..... lets award one to a guy whose done it his entire career.

Buehrle wants to go to STL... give his 27 mil to Colon.

Instead of awarding a huge contract to players who've taken care of bussiness for two or three seasons..... lets award one to a guy whose done it his entire career.

From Colon that would get you about 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 years.

Guest Ncorgbl

So, if I understand you correctly, you'd pay Colon though he's not done anything for the Sox, just other teams, and not pay Buehrle, who has won for us and has never stated he wanted to leave here. Is that right?