Zambrano: Sign me before the season starts or I'm out

CSF

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zambrano may have won the Cy Young last year.

Bull.

He sucked in April, and got plenty of run support when he faced us.

Webb won it last year (had better numbers) yet I still think it could've been Oswalt, and it should've been Carpenter.

His WHIP was the same as Javy's and higher than Garcia's, of course they faced much tougher opponents.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 06:49 AM)
Zito has a Cy Young and more playoff experience. That gives him more leverage in $$$.

ahhhhhh, Not so fast cowboy. This is how the media thinks.

lets not forget some IMPORTANT facts here.

Zito has a Cy Young because everyone knows a teams Winning Pct usually is the determining factor.

Zambozo plays for the Cubs. Advantage ZITO.

Zito has more playoff experience because he plays for the A's, a consistently good team.

Zambozo plays for the Cubs .... a Consistently BAD team. Advantage ZITO.

So ........ If Big 'Bozo were on another team, he would've easily had a couple of Cy Youngs by now, and alot more Playoff appearances. Zambozo is a better pitcher in my eyes.

If Zito = 7 years - $126 Million

than

Zambozo = 7 years - $150 Million.

If Big 'Bozo takes less, hes a CHUMP. Its not his fault right now that hes a Cub, but this is the time

where he can step up and 1: Be Paid what hes worth OR 2: Leave so he can finally win some Cy Youngs and Playoff Games. We'll see whats more important to him ......... Free Drinks in Wrigleyville & Big Money or a World Series appearance

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 04:28 PM)
Bull.

He sucked in April, and got plenty of run support when he faced us.

Webb won it last year (had better numbers) yet I still think it could've been Oswalt, and it should've been Carpenter.

His WHIP was the same as Javy's and higher than Garcia's, of course they faced much tougher opponents.

Take a deep breathe. I said MAY have won the Cy Young. I never said he should have nor did I say he was the best pitcher in the NL. :unsure: But lets not let the facts get in the way of the truth.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take a deep breathe. I said MAY have won the Cy Young. I never said he should have nor did I say he was the best pitcher in the NL. :unsure: But lets not let the facts get in the way of the truth.

...and I said "bull" because even if those things happened, I don't think he "may" have won Cy Young.

Looking at his game log in September:

Against the Pathetic Pirates he went 1.1 IP giving up 5 runs, (4 ER) claiming back pain as the Cubs lost 5-4. Can't blame the offense there. He was responsible for every run, and the bullpen was good after he left.

Against Crappy Cincy: 7 IP, 4 H, 4 BB, 0ER. Hey nice game. Cubs won 11-3. Damn lack of run support.

Against Crappy Cincy again: 7 IP, 6 H, 3 BB, 4 ER. Not a quality start, but in Cliff Lee fashion, he got the win because the Cubs scored 11 runs. Where's the run support excuse again?

Last start of the year against the Crappy Rockies: 7 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 4 BB. Cubs lose 5-2. Pretty good outing by Zambrano, but he was outdueled by Josh Fogg.

So looking at his "last weeks of the season," he pitched pretty well with the exception of two outings. One of which was due to an injury, and the other one he still got the win (and he still pitched ok in it.) He did this all against 3 bad, bad teams and got enough run support (4 runs against the Pirates should be enough for an "ace,) including 11 runs against the same team twice.

But why let the facts get in the way of the truth? :rolly

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zambrano was getting a lil cy young hype for awhile last year so I dont understand how its bull...

It wasn't deserved, it was shoved down our tubes because of the media (sorry to borrow your line Hangar) and a lot of it was based on his past performances.

And about the Reds, I saw them in person, and they suck. 3 games behind the Cardinals makes them a sub .500 team.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 06:40 AM)
It wasn't deserved, it was shoved down our tubes because of the media (sorry to borrow your line Hangar) and a lot of it was based on his past performances.

And about the Reds, I saw them in person, and they suck. 3 games behind the Cardinals makes them a sub .500 team.

Cincy might have been a crappy team, but that wasn't because of the offense. They have some guys on that team who can hit. Now their pitching...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cincy might have been a crappy team, but that wasn't because of the offense. They have some guys on that team who can hit. Now their pitching...

That doesn't make them a good offensive team even with their home ballpark, as they were 22nd in the MLB in runs scored, 15th in team OPS, and 28th in team BA. By the time September rolled around, their boneheaded GM traded away two of their better hitters in Felipe Lopez and Austin Kearns for Royce Clayton and pitchers.

For the month of September the Reds were dead last in the MLB with 91 runs scored.

Other fun stats about Cincy's great offense.

Road stats: 29th in team BA (.001 ahead of the Pirates)

21st in team OPS

25th in runs scored.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 06:40 AM)

I saw them a few times in Cincy, and I agree. Not a very good team at all.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 07:22 AM)

^^^^^^^^^^

They could hit and had 2 good starters last year. The problem was their 3-5 and bullpen were atrocious.

Why do I bother posting the stats if only shoota is going to read them? :D

Cincy wasn't that good of an offensive team last year, they were one of the worst hitting teams away on the road, and they had the worst offense in September.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the truth

Edited by santo=dorf