"Renovated Cell" photo gallery on chicagosports.com

whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(zimne piwo @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 06:50 PM)
Believe it or not, there's actually a "White Sox Fan" who disagrees and actually thinks it's a "disgrace" and a "despicable move" to honor the two greatest home runs in White Sox history with the blue seats.

http://media.www.pucchronicle.com/media/st...e-2726651.shtml

Of course this knob also talks about how the rest of the seats were "painted green", he downplays the importance of those "playoff" home runs and he misspells "old Commisky Park". If this tool really is a Sox fan and is truly embarrassed, maybe we'll all recognize him by the paper bag over his head.

So, just curious of course, how is breaking the longest World Series drought in the history of the MLB not historic?

(and of course, I am talking about droughts that have actually been broken. If and when the Cubs win a World Series, the White Sox record will be second to the Cubs)

Furthermore, is it not acceptable or cool to take other's ideas and use them? I don't believe the White Sox have taken credit with coming up with the idea, nor are they looking to copyright it; the Red Sox DID come up with the idea, but they didn't copyright it. If they did, the Sox would have been sued already.

Finally, I don't get the Pods and Konerko comparison to Williams. It just really holds no ground; in the minds of White Sox fans, Podsednik and Konerko are legends and will be legends. I guarantee as much as we hate Podsednik on here, every person on here will remember what he did in late October in 2005 about 30 years from now. Ted Williams is a legend too, but for different reasons. All 3 will be remembered, and that's all that really matters.

(and Ted Williams isn't arguably the best player to ever lay foot on a baseball field, you have to be a goddamn f***tard to even suggest that, seriously. Ruth, Mays, Bonds, and Aaron all come to mind well ahead of Ted f***ing Williams. Taking nothing away from Williams - he was a great hitter - but those guys are a step above him, and I really don't think there's an argument)

http://www.diamondintherox.com/2005/03/his...r-part-iii.html

On June 2, 1987, Joey Meyer of the Denver Zephyrs launched a 582-foot homer that ricocheted off of seat 9 in row 3 of section 338 in the upper deck of the east stands in Mile High Stadium, the longest home run in Denver history. To put it into perspective, currently the longest home run at CF was by Mike Piazza 9-26-97, for the Dodgers, off Darren Holmes that traveled 496 feet and I’m sure took a few years off the life of the concessionaire running the lemonade stand in almost straight-away center field. Until the Rockies moved into Mile High, the seat where Meyer’s home run landed was always designated with a different color than the seats around it.

QUOTE(zimne piwo @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 06:50 PM)
Believe it or not, there's actually a "White Sox Fan" who disagrees and actually thinks it's a "disgrace" and a "despicable move" to honor the two greatest home runs in White Sox history with the blue seats.

http://media.www.pucchronicle.com/media/st...e-2726651.shtml

Of course this knob also talks about how the rest of the seats were "painted green", he downplays the importance of those "playoff" home runs and he misspells "old Commisky Park". If this tool really is a Sox fan and is truly embarrassed, maybe we'll all recognize him by the paper bag over his head.

Geesh, look at his picture. If you looked like that you would be angry too!

That game is symbolic how magical 2005 was and is probably the greatest sports memory of a majority of sox fans. The 2 blue seats are a fitting tribute. Who cares if the concept has been done before. A tribute is a tribute, it doesnt need to be original, it just has to be fitting, and this is.

Everybody has their own memory of that game. I didnt ever see it on tv or live. Listened to it on the radio. Ed Farmer going apes*** and the roar of the crowd after the Konerko slam are etched in my mind forever. The 2 blue seats make those moments tangible and timeless.

The guy who wrote that article is either a moron or a douchebag in need of attention.

Edited by bad at best

Here's my favorite memory of that game BAB: I called Paulie's grand slam.

For some freakin reason I had it in my head and announced to the bar "He's taking this one outta here."

And so he did.

For some reason also I also knew that Gooch was gonna homer off of Wells in the second Boston game, which I WAS at, and I have never seen the Cell go bats*** like that before. Although I wasn't at the WS games.