GAME THREAD: LAAAAAAAAAAA vs Sox, 3:05pm

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
I am getting the sinking feeling that the offense this year is going to get really ugly. They are just not generating run production and haven't most of the spring. The GIDP's and pop-outs are out of control.

1. Spring training feel, stats, etc. dont matter

2. White Sox lead the AL in runs scored during the spring.

I dont think the White Sox can harm Danks by bringing him up too early. The kid seems to have enough confidence in himself to be able to take his knocks in his rookie year (as he most likely will) and learn from it and become a better pitcher. Just my opinion...

On the other hand, I worry about Gavin's mentality...great stuff, no control and not a confident guy it appears...

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 04:06 PM)
1. Spring training feel, stats, etc. dont matter

2. White Sox lead the AL in runs scored during the spring.

Yep and have scored 3 runs or less 11 times. The pop-outs and GIDP's have been a problem for a while and looks like an issue for this season as well. If Spring Training is so irrelevat how did Danks become the number 5? I understad there is a credability issue with looking too deep into the numbers but it is showing a pattern of reouccurence with the same porponents.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 04:17 PM)
Yep and have scored 3 runs or less 11 times. The pop-outs and GIDP's have been a problem for a while and looks like an issue for this season as well. If Spring Training is so irrelevat how did Danks become the number 5? I understad there is a credability issue with looking too deep into the numbers but it is showing a pattern of reouccurence with the same porponents.

Danks became the No 5 the same way Boone Logan bacame the Loogy last year. How'd that work out? Spring Training results of any kind don't matter.

I'm about to pull my hair out listening to Hawk/DJ talking about Dustin Moseley as if he's going to contend with Loe for a Cy Young. This guy is a f***ing scrub. Look at his statistics on baseball cube -- ee's been at AAA for three years.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)
Logan K's the side. ERA still zero. He'd better be in the pen instead of Sisco.

i rather have sisco than boone. atleast he has mlb experience and some sucess in the bigs unlike boone.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
I don't think Floyd is ever gonna be ready.

Yet, somehow, the White Sox noticed something in him.

He just isn't very good. Williams and certain scouts should come forward and explain themselves because his addition to our ballclub has been a question from day one.

If we don't learn from this, shame on us. Maybe we'll begin to look for legitimate players in future trades and not pitchers based around the belief that "Coop will fix em'" Sure, you can do that seperately ; just don't associate this philosophy with deals where the key goal should be receiving the most talent in return.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 04:53 PM)
If we don't learn from this, shame on us. Maybe we'll begin to look for legitimate players in future trades and not pitchers based around the belief that "Coop will fix em'" Sure, you can do that seperately ; just don't associate this philosophy with deals where the key goal should be receiving the most talent in return.

Flash, you are under the false impression that Garcia had high trade value.

the constant b****ing over here is getting old fast.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)

Well, when you look at what Jason Jennings got traded for, you can't help but wonder if the Sox couldn't have gotten a better package (Hirsh and Taveras? or Hirsh alone?). And looking at Floyd's career numbers and current performance, it's baffling what the Sox saw that they liked so much.

That said, none of us will ever know what the trade market for Garcia was, so maybe it si time to just stop speculating....

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 03:56 PM)

I'm really tired of going over this issue. It's not you specifically, but everyone else who says something similar.

It... doesn't... matter...how he's faring right now. Whether he never pitches another game or not, the fact is when he was traded -- we could and should have received more.

Explain this to me -- is the difference between Freddy Garcia and Jason Jennings really enough to justify the large gap between the two deals? No. Colorado received exactly what we should have -- a generous return package. That was because the nature of the market overvalued mediocre pitchers. Williams didn't take advantage of it.

This is really becoming embarrassing. We're unraveling.