FutureSox Interview: Chris Getz

Heads22

Second baseman is FutureSox’s #20 prospect

By FutureSox Staff

Having the rare distinction of being drafted twice by the White Sox, Chris Getz was obviously being looked at as a high priority prospect by the Sox organization. Getz was the fourth round pick of the Sox in 2005, and he now starts in the infield of the Birmingham Barons. Chris sat down with FutureSox.com and answered questions submitted by Sox fans.

READ MORE

Even as a minor league player, do you find the women are still impressed that you play for a team within the White Sox organization?

I would say that some women are interested because of that, but those are the ones you want to stay away from. Think about it. A girl who is attracted to a minor league baseball player because of that – something’s not right.

Haha, so true...

Favorite Song: Hollywood Nights- Bob Seger

Great selection. :headbang

I'm surprised Chris responded so quickly. Good to see he is atleast honest when answering quesitons; ideally the last and whether he is a Tigers fan.

It'll be interesting to see what Getz' future within this organization is if Iguchi is signed longterm after the season concludes. If this were to occur, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for him to try and field several other infield positions. He'd be up in 2009 as a UTL INF, without question.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 10:38 PM)
Hey, great job. I love interviews w/ our minor league guys. This may sound dumb, but what's a "leaner?" He referred to this in the the "best prank pulled" question.

Urban Dictionary:

3. leaner

When someone leans a trash can of water against an inward swinging door so that when the occupant opens the door the water splashes into the room soaking it.

My friend got hit by a leaner in the dorms.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 09:53 PM)

I'm surprised Chris responded so quickly. Good to see he is atleast honest when answering quesitons; ideally the last and whether he is a Tigers fan.

It'll be interesting to see what Getz' future within this organization is if Iguchi is signed longterm after the season concludes. If this were to occur, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for him to try and field several other infield positions. He'd be up in 2009 as a UTL INF, without question.

He was prompt, and replied back to me saying he didnt get the questions the first time, and he even told me I had the wrong picture up on FS....he sure seems nice enough.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 07:53 PM)

Getz is an interesting guy. He really impressed in his debut at Kanny and than struggled in AA and initially you would say eh not a prospect but you got to remind yourselves that he made a big jump and had a lot on his shoulders as one of the clubs few quality positional prospects. He now has a full season under his belt and plenty of time to get acclimated and I really believe he's prime for a break-out year. He's too good fundamentally to struggle and all of those quality tools will get him on a major league roster for some time (he'll never make an all star game, but he's a good guy to have).