Starting Pitching

fathom

so far the pitching has been looking great. alot of people are saying it reminds them of 05, it reminds me of late 06, where we pitched but couldn't get a run to save our life off of bums. *note: harden and santana are obviously not bums*

even with jenks let down tonight his velocity will come back, i have faith, he started out last season like that and has gone on record a few times stating thats just the way it works out for him.

I actually do feel really good about this team right now. It's still up to the pen, because I just don't see how the middle of the lineup can keep hitting as s***ty as it has thus far.

That is, of course, so long as the pitching remains a constant throughout the year instead of just the first two months, like last year.

QUOTE(beautox @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:00 AM)
even with jenks let down tonight his velocity will come back, i have faith, he started out last season like that and has gone on record a few times stating thats just the way it works out for him.

Next season, if Jenks arm is still attached, I want him to either begin Spring Training several weeks earlier or not have a guaranteed position as closer entering April. By then, who knows, he may not have such confidence out of Guillen. What I do know is waiting several weeks for velocity to return shouldn't be an issue every.....damn....year. Especially from our supposed closer. Either he gains strength entering the season or becomes a middle inning reliever until the fastball sits around 96-98.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:07 AM)
We've faced two bad offensive teams now in Minnesota and Oakland. I'm not so sure that the pitching can keep it up though with Indians and Rangers coming up.

I'm actually a bit apprehensive about facing Cleveland and Texas. More than usual. :D

Are we watching the pitching staff reach their full potential, or merely exploit weak offensive ballclubs?

Even without a radar reading (which mysteriously wasn't present until MacDougal), Garland appeared to get away with a lot of pitches. The umpires calling high strikes benefited him immensely.

And Buehrle wasn't exactly cruising when Garko's line drive hit him last week.....

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 06:14 AM)
I'm actually a bit apprehensive about facing Cleveland and Texas. More than usual. :D

Are we watching the pitching staff reach their full potential, or merely exploit weak offensive ballclubs?

Even without a radar reading (which mysteriously wasn't present until MacDougal), Garland appeared to get away with a lot of pitches. The umpires calling high strikes benefited him immensely.

And Buehrle wasn't exactly cruising when Garko's line drive hit him last week.....

This is the pessimist in me, but if we were facing a good hitting team, Danks and Contreras would have gotten their ass kicked the last few days in the first 3 innings.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:52 AM)
Our pitching has been awsome. Our offense needs to get their head out of their ass.

We cannot be up only 1-0 when Gaudin is pitching. Thats a joke.

I'll take 1-0 against Gaudin. Honestly, I will.

What is NOT acceptable is runner on 3rd, 0 outs, and no runs. That is unacceptable. That game should have been 2-0 at the absolute minimum going into the 9th. I'm honestly more pissed about that than Podsednik's adventures.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:03 AM)
I actually do feel really good about this team right now. It's still up to the pen, because I just don't see how the middle of the lineup can keep hitting as s***ty as it has thus far.

That is, of course, so long as the pitching remains a constant throughout the year instead of just the first two months, like last year.

I agree with you. Last nights lost sucked, but the pitching has shown signs of being very good, hopefully that's a good sign for the summer.

Our starters have realy stepped it up lately and our bullpen has been doing extremely well considering the load theyve got. I fell asleep before the end of the game and was surprised to hear what happened. I wouldnt worry too much about Jenks. Hell get his chances to redeem himself and if it continues we have a good enough bullpen that we can figure something else out.