Ozzie/Buehrle reppin' VT hats

drowninginflame

What's up everyone, I just registered here, but have been a long-time reader of SoxTalk. I'm a student at Virginia Tech, and have lived in Blacksburg pretty much my whole life. I've been a huge White Sox fan since I was five or six.

Anyways, I've been searching everywhere trying to find a picture of Buehrle wearing a VT hat, but I've only been able to find videos. If someone can find a picture of him wearing the hat (from the news conference last night) I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks.

QUOTE(LetsGoPaleHose @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
What's up everyone, I just registered here, but have been a long-time reader of SoxTalk. I'm a student at Virginia Tech, and have lived in Blacksburg pretty much my whole life. I've been a huge White Sox fan since I was five or six.

Anyways, I've been searching everywhere trying to find a picture of Buehrle wearing a VT hat, but I've only been able to find videos. If someone can find a picture of him wearing the hat (from the news conference last night) I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks.

Wow, welcome to Soxtalk man. I'm really sorry for everything you've had to experience in the past week.

I haven't really seen any actual pics of him wearing it, but I just screen captured an image of it for you. Hopefully this is of some help.

buehrlevthc8.jpg

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 02:59 PM)
Wow, welcome to Soxtalk man. I'm really sorry for everything you've had to experience in the past week.

I haven't really seen any actual pics of him wearing it, but I just screen captured an image of it for you. Hopefully this is of some help.

buehrlevthc8.jpg

Very cool.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 03:03 PM)
Oh I was watching the video online and trying to do it and it would just come up black...Thanks!

I just screen printed the Mark Buehrle story on the trib.com. The video is paused off to the right of the page.

QUOTE(LetsGoPaleHose @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)

Welcome to the site, man..I'm in Va Beach..have a few friends that go to/work at Tech..luckily they are all okay..I pray you can say the same.

I had met 2 of the victims, but didn't know them well. One person was in my American Lit class. The other was a friend and colleague of my Dad (who is a professor here). My dad's pretty broken up over this, he had known this guy for 25 years, and they worked in the same building. The whole campus right now is in a state of mourning, but the community is very strong. We're very appreciative that people across the nation have been so unbelievably supportive and helpful.

Anyways, it definitely cheered me up seeing Buehrle throw a no-hitter. It was nice to see him (my favorite pitcher) wearing a VT hat, as it was when the Nats wore them the other day. Thanks a lot for the pics, you guys, I really appreciate it. I knew it was something I'd want to save but didn't know how to get the pic from video. Thanks again.

QUOTE(LetsGoPaleHose @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 02:56 PM)
I had met 2 of the victims, but didn't know them well. One person was in my American Lit class. The other was a friend and colleague of my Dad (who is a professor here). My dad's pretty broken up over this, he had known this guy for 25 years, and they worked in the same building. The whole campus right now is in a state of mourning, but the community is very strong. We're very appreciative that people across the nation have been so unbelievably supportive and helpful.

Anyways, it definitely cheered me up seeing Buehrle throw a no-hitter. It was nice to see him (my favorite pitcher) wearing a VT hat, as it was when the Nats wore them the other day. Thanks a lot for the pics, you guys, I really appreciate it. I knew it was something I'd want to save but didn't know how to get the pic from video. Thanks again.

Stick around here. Hopefully the entire season will cheer you up. ;)

I hope so. I'm thinking the Sox have a good chance this year, especially with the starting pitching back in form. I was skeptical of KW's offseason moves, but its working out pretty well. Danks, as well as Sisco and Aardsma have been surprisingly good. I'm hoping we take this series against Detroit- the first games tied at 4 right now, we'll see...

:gosoxretro: