DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 02:02 PM)
Ah good old Clintonian double-talk... Guess who has spent $5 million out their own pockets, and is still slipping in the polls...

She's not really putting herself out there. She is LOANING the money. meaning, she has to be paid back. One of the last checks she writes in the primaries, will be to herself for $5,000,000.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 02:09 PM)
She's not really putting herself out there. She is LOANING the money. meaning, she has to be paid back. One of the last checks she writes in the primaries, will be to herself for $5,000,000.

Oh well that makes it totally different... Please.

Would she be able to have that money if the Clinton's weren't multimillionaires? No. That makes her no different than Bloomberg or Romney. Its the typical hypocrisy for them to rally against something they are doing themselves.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 12:11 PM)
Apparently the Clinton campaign is holding a press conference to announce a record amount of donations in the last day or 2. Why a press conference?

Because her campaign needs press coverage...and Obama raked in like 1.75 times what she raked in.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 11:14 AM)
Rasmussen Reports: Obama and Clintons tied at 44%

Interesting Point:

I have long said, "If you aren't for Hillary, you are against her". Well, look at the stats. She has been consistently 35-45%. However, Obama has been in the mid to high 20s. Over the past 2 months, Obama has been pulling MANY of the undecideds and other candidates. He has jumped to 44%. Where is Hillary? Still where she was 3 months ago.

Gallup, OTOH, shows the exact opposite.

020608DailyUpdateGraph2.gif

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 02:14 PM)
Because her campaign needs press coverage...and Obama raked in like 1.75 times what she raked in.

Typical Clinton tactic... "look at what we did! it's amazing! pay no attention to the people over there doing something MORE amazing. Ours is amazing enough"

thank god someone with a larger forum to make fun ripped hillary for the endless clap clap point point crap.

should have gone with: smile smile clap clap nod nod point point.

i cant stand that woman and the idea of the clintons beating out obama.

I wish I had a post here I could point to, but when I first heard of Hillary's money woes I wondered if it wasn't a ploy to get more donors into a healthy campaign...

If I was Obama, I would be pounding this on the road... How can you believe Hillary when she says her campaign is running out of money, when she says she has to "loan" herself $5MM from her own pockets, then turns around and admits it was a ploy to get more donors. The Clintons, just like our current administration, will have the public believe what they want them to believe in order to further their own political goals.

The American public should not knowingly be misled. That is how we get into protracted wars. That is how we get the overreaching Patriot Act. The American Public does not need another 4 years of played a fool by our highest elected official.

Not sure if you guys heard this or not, but there is a rumor floating around that Michigan and Florida might REDO their primaries post-March 4th.

Rumor is Michigan would do some sort of a caucus, but Florida is a different story. They might take the "national average" and divide there delegates that way.

Below is last nights Countdown with Kieth Olberman...

Obama Results Center...

Obama - 910

Clinton - 882

Not sure where they are getting hteir numbers. i think they are projecting.

According to a combination of MSNBC and CNN, I have the count at..

Obama - 858

Clinton - 863

With 71 yet to be assigned. however, those states with delegates outstanding are states Obama won handely (CO, GA, IL). So, most will tip his way.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 10:31 AM)
Not sure if you guys heard this or not, but there is a rumor floating around that Michigan and Florida might REDO their primaries post-March 4th.

Rumor is Michigan would do some sort of a caucus, but Florida is a different story. They might take the "national average" and divide there delegates that way.

I haven't head that, and for Florida at least I seriously doubt it will happen. At any rate, it's not going to matter in Florida because a second vote would still split delegates essentially 50/50 or maybe slightly more for Clinton. No way that is going to dictate a winner. Sadly, it really looks like it's going to come down to the superdelegates and at a brokered convention.

:angry:

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 10:30 AM)
I haven't head that, and for Florida at least I seriously doubt it will happen. At any rate, it's not going to matter in Florida because a second vote would still split delegates essentially 50/50 or maybe slightly more for Clinton. No way that is going to dictate a winner. Sadly, it really looks like it's going to come down to the superdelegates and at a brokered convention.

I think there needs to be an agreement after the last primary. Make is simple. No superdelegate decisions. Whoever has the most pledged delegates wins, the other steps aside.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 11:32 AM)
I think there needs to be an agreement after the last primary. Make is simple. No superdelegate decisions. Whoever has the most pledged delegates wins, the other steps aside.

That would be up to Dean and the candidates I guess, and Dean has noted he's looking to make some sort of compromise if there is no clear frontrunner by March.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)
That would be up to Dean and the candidates I guess, and Dean has noted he's looking to make some sort of compromise if there is no clear frontrunner by March.

Well, it would be hypocritical for Obama to fight if Hillary won the state delegates. the whole campaign has been about the people. what the people want. If Clinton wons, the people wanted her. He should step aside in my opinion. However, i am not to sure about Hillary. I think there would be a LOT of pressure for her to move aside, but we all know the Clintons are stubborn. They'll fight it.

Did some quick math, if the democrats were "winner take all" like most of the Republican states, Obama would be only be trailing Hillary by a count of 836-979. Factor in the projections for this weekend... 994-1003. Talk about CLOSE even with her wining CA, NY, and NJ.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 12:02 PM)
Well, it would be hypocritical for Obama to fight if Hillary won the state delegates. the whole campaign has been about the people. what the people want. If Clinton wons, the people wanted her. He should step aside in my opinion. However, i am not to sure about Hillary. I think there would be a LOT of pressure for her to move aside, but we all know the Clintons are stubborn. They'll fight it.

It would be hypocritical if the DNC started to ebtertaining the possibility of seating the FL and 50%MI delegates as determined on 1/29 after stating in no uncertain terms that they would not be seated because the early primary occurred in violation of the party rules. A revote or a caucus in March would eliinate that problem (not that I'm sure the state would agree to hold it), but if the national superdelegates are still the trump card then I don't see how a revote and a newr 50-50 split of a couple hundred delegates will settle anything.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 09:31 AM)

I don't mind them revoting. I do not want to see them count ballots based on both candidates not having equal footing.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 09:31 AM)

I was going to ask if they could have a do over and schedule primaries yesterday but I thought my Al Gore VP question would get me yelled at.