Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raiders should take Russell if they keep the pick and Randy Moss. If they can switch 1st round picks with KC and acquire Trent Green, they should take an OL at #23 and they might be decent next year.

As a Steelers fan, it's a CB in Revis or Leon Hall or bust. Time to get a real CB on the roster.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
bears take....................?

I'll go with OLB Lawrence Timmons of FSU and G Ben Grubbs of Auburn with the first 2 picks. It's also possible TE Zach Miller might be somebody they go after instead of Timmons, and then try and get a system type OLB later on as Kalapse suggested. I would like to see them take a speedy back in the 3rd round, like Brandon Jackson of Nebraska or the kid from Arizona who's name is escaping me right now, to compliment Cedric Benson. Another D Tackle wouldn't hurt either, who knows with Tank, they lost a couple this offseason, Tommie had a bad injury, Dvoracek is a ?......so yeah. I still think they could really use another WR too, for that matter. The Bears have quite a few needs for a team that went to the Super Bowl IMO.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
I'll go with OLB Lawrence Timmons of FSU and G Ben Grubbs of Auburn with the first 2 picks.

Would drafting a LB in the top 60 picks be a result of the Briggs situation or just that they want to upgrade Hillenmyer's spot? I haven't really kept up with the draft -- even though ESPN has been shoving it down our throats the past fifteen months.

Obviously the O-Line needs to start to infuse some younger talent. I'd imagine that Desmond Clark is going to start declining as he's getting older, so I like the TE idea. And since neither Benson nor Peterson are exactly 'burners', I like the faster, quicker RB idea too.

Other than that? Perhaps grab a more reliable dime back? We seem okay on the defensive line, although grabbing another DT couldn't hurt with Tank's situation.

On offense, they could use a wide receiver. They have two fast guys in Berrian and Bradley, how about a bigger more physical WR?

Comments would be appreciated. I'll be lost in a sea of names this weekend.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 05:20 PM)
Im praying my buccaneers land Calvin Johnson. I can live with Joe Thomas also, but if we miss out on both I might just have to jump.

Im not a fan of Thomas, OL seem to be too risky to take in the draft, but decent for late round picks.

Hoping Adrian Peterson falls to my Packers but thats asking for a lot, otherwise nab Marshawn Lynch.

2nd round Im liking Steve Smith out of USC always liked the kid, I know pack will eventually take a wr but not sure of what round.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
With one of their picks Angelo will take Justin Durant, the OLB from Hampton. It's the exact sort of player Angelo seems to love.

Depending on what pick they would have to use I would love to get that guy. He looks pretty solid.

Im hoping the Bears go offense with one or both of their first 2 picks. Something like a receiver, maybe Smith first, than maybe Miller at TE with 37. I doubt they would go this route but I think building the offense right now will make the team significantly better.

If they trade up Id like to get Olsen or Poz.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 06:31 PM)
Depending on what pick they would have to use I would love to get that guy. He looks pretty solid.

Im hoping the Bears go offense with one or both of their first 2 picks. Something like a receiver, maybe Smith first, than maybe Miller at TE with 37. I doubt they would go this route but I think building the offense right now will make the team significantly better.

If they trade up Id like to get Olsen or Poz.

If the Bears can move up to 6th, I would like them to pick up Amobi Okoye. He is 19, could help strengthen the interior defensive line and we could send Tank and his insanity to someone else. Another pressure guy with Tommie Harris would be nice. We could get more pressure up front, and allow the linebackers and dbs to play the cover 2 correctly.

QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 04:34 PM)
Olsen and Poz are overrated IMO.

Anyone else look at Dwayne Jarrett and see Mike Williams II?

No freakin way. I think Jarrett is the real deal and I'm hoping he falls to the Bears. Williams' year off really hurt him - but Jarrett didn't make that mistake. And after watching every SC game in the last five years, I love his routes. He's going to be good. Hopefully it's for us.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 04:53 PM)
If the Bears can move up to 6th, I would like them to pick up Amobi Okoye. He is 19, could help strengthen the interior defensive line and we could send Tank and his insanity to someone else. Another pressure guy with Tommie Harris would be nice. We could get more pressure up front, and allow the linebackers and dbs to play the cover 2 correctly.

Tank is one of those guys I'd hate for the Bears to wind up having to trade, because his trade value is so low because of his off the field stuff. It'd be damn hard to come up with equal value for him without at least a full season, if not more, with no trouble. It'd also be really disappointing for the Bears to invest so much effort in trying to help him out and giving him so many chances only to turn their backs on him.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 07:22 PM)
Im not a fan of Thomas, OL seem to be too risky to take in the draft, but decent for late round picks.

I bet it's one of the safest position picks. Obviously, Gallery is a bust, but even there you can salvage a serviceable rt out of him. Leonard Davis was a disappointment, but still got a huge contract this offseason. The disappointment you get with a bad olineman is usually that he's not as dominant as you hoped, merely a pro starter. That's a lot more than you get out of Charles Rogers, William Green, or Ahmad Carroll.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:11 PM)
Im aware of this but Ill cross my fingers, I hear the Bills are looking at a DB.

Not with Perry Thomas's zone coverage, a CB will be taken in the 2nd or 3rd if they can help it.

If AD doesn't fall to Buffalo, they'll go with Patrick Willis. If neither fall, I imagine they'll take best available which probably be Revis.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 06:53 PM)

Okoye is solid prospect but they cant use that high a pick on one. They still have Harris, Dvoracek, Tank, Adams and Im not sure if they signed or are going to sign Scott yet.

The only way they pick that high is if they trade Briggs, and if they did they would need to address OLB very early.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 04:33 PM)
Would drafting a LB in the top 60 picks be a result of the Briggs situation or just that they want to upgrade Hillenmyer's spot? I haven't really kept up with the draft -- even though ESPN has been shoving it down our throats the past fifteen months.

Obviously the O-Line needs to start to infuse some younger talent. I'd imagine that Desmond Clark is going to start declining as he's getting older, so I like the TE idea. And since neither Benson nor Peterson are exactly 'burners', I like the faster, quicker RB idea too.

Other than that? Perhaps grab a more reliable dime back? We seem okay on the defensive line, although grabbing another DT couldn't hurt with Tank's situation.

On offense, they could use a wide receiver. They have two fast guys in Berrian and Bradley, how about a bigger more physical WR?

Comments would be appreciated. I'll be lost in a sea of names this weekend.

#1. Even if Briggs is back, it will be only for one year, and even with Briggs, the OLB depth is pretty much at zero. I would be shocked if one isn't drafted.

#2. Yes, they could use a bigger reciever, which is why the name Dwyane Bowe keeps popping up. He's a pretty big target with plus speed for a guy his size.

#3. I think they are fine at corner with Peanut, Vasher, and Manning. And I doubt they take a safety since they have drafted safties that helped each of the last 2 years already in Harris and Danieal Manning.

#4. Another DT is needed IMO because Tank might be gone all year, Harris has questionable health, who knows about Dvoracek, and Boone and Scott left this offseason.

#5. The Bears probably won't take a TE. They have a few other needs, and they figure they can get another good year out of Clark IMO, which is fair. Only way they take a TE is if they like Zach Miller more than I think.

#6. Ben Grubbs, guard from Auburn, is a name EVERYBODY seems to have the Bears taking with the early 2nd rounder they got in the Jones trade. That would be a nice pick, and this team has an OLD O-Line that needs reinforcements and depth.

#7. I think they are going to draft a RB to compliment Benson at some point in this draft for sure. The kid from Arizona and Jackson out of Nebraska are just my 2 favorite guys. This draft isn't deep with future stars, but you can find a change of pace burner that would go well with Cedric in the middle rounds IMO.

Hope that helped.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

They would need an OLB to replace Briggs. They definitely need a bigger receiver, especially with Moose getting up there in age. Id also like to see them draft a tight end. Maybe Miller... I dont think OL needs to be addressed till the later rounds because they dont need anyone to come in rigt away and play because theyre returning everyone.