BearSox

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember how intolerable the city got in 2003? Also, working with a lot of Cubs fans can get quite awful if they win. If the Sox aren't going to make the playoffs, then I hope the Cubs don't also.

They aren't going to win even if they make it to the playoffs, and we don't need to talk about stuff 5 months from now. Come on. This is a SOX game thread.

/ballgame

Remember the good old days when we used to pound Escobar. Contreras can thank Grinderstad for those earned run(s).

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:39 PM)
We don't even need to wait for the offseason. It's early May and we are all already pissed off.

Well, I'm not pissed, but I don't have the time to get pissed about the Sox.

No changes will be made now, but the off season shall be grand.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 5, 2007 -> 02:48 AM)
They aren't going to win even if they make it to the playoffs, and we don't need to talk about stuff 5 months from now. Come on. This is a SOX game thread.

/ballgame

Remember the good old days when we used to pound Escobar. Contreras can thank Grinderstad for those earned run(s).

Crede used to own Escobar. I couldn't believe how far Crede was standing off the plate. It's just going to make him hit more weak fly balls to the right side. And if Zambrano finds his arm angle, they're going to be damn good. They have a super offense in a terrible league.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 5, 2007 -> 02:48 AM)
Game, set, match.

Wait a few more starts until Sheets is on th DL.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 5, 2007 -> 02:50 AM)
The beauty of this situation is we have 2 years and 5 more months of Contreras to look forward to...

I thought he signed a 3 yr deal before last year?

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:47 PM)
Outside of Danks, I don't care if we trade every single person in the organization.

I don't forsee that. :P

I like your style Fathom, I'm being selfish and just cannot wait to see what certain posters who anger me say or do.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:51 PM)

Chicago White Sox pitcher Jose Contreras agreed to a $29 million, three-year contract extension with the World Series champions on Saturday, the American League team announced.

Contreras is entering the final year of a contract that pays him $8 million this season. His new deal will earn him $9 million in 2007 and $10 in both 2008 and 2009.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:51 PM)
What is so impressive about him in CF at this point?

It's nice of you to ask right after a horrible play but if I have to explain to you that Erstad's a very good defensive CFer -- well, I don't want to.

BRING UP ANDERSON

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:51 PM)

He signed whenever they played hardball with Garland, was that after 05?

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 5, 2007 -> 02:51 AM)
I don't forsee that. :P

I like your style Fathom, I'm being selfish and just cannot wait to see what certain posters who anger say or do.

It amazes me to see how some people fall in love with prospects, even ones they've never seen before. I think a great chip we could trade is MacDougal. It's not likely he'll stay healthy throughout the year anyways.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 5, 2007 -> 02:52 AM)
It's nice of you to ask right after a horrible play but if I have to explain to you that Erstad's a very good defensive CFer -- well, I don't want to.

BRING UP ANDERSON

He's not a good CF. He's average, it's just anything after Mackowiak seems good. His arm is atrocious, and he's made too many mental mistakes for a veteran.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)
He's not a good CF. He's average, it's just anything after Mackowiak seems good. His arm is atrocious, and he's made too many mental mistakes for a veteran.

He gets excellent jumps and reads.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:52 PM)

BRING UP ANDERSON

It has nothing to do with Anderson at all. His jumps have been mistimed at times, his arm is nothing to write home about, and his range isn't super.

Ugly swing there by Sweeney.