White Sox vs. Angels, 5/6/07 (W)

Capn12

QUOTE(fathom @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
He should have tried to add more speed and youth to this aging lineup, especially improving their lineup against LHP. Has Uribe really been that much better than last year? Maybe I'm just forgetting how much we sucked last year. At least when Hall returns, we can put him at 1b.

Ozuna also was a force last year before getting injured (between .350-.400 for much of first half) and Mackowiak was a high OBP guy who wasn't at least an automatic out.

And Cintron was a clutch hitter in his limited time. It's not only the middle of our line-up, it's the entire team, pretty much.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He should have tried to add more speed and youth to this aging lineup, especially improving their lineup against LHP. Has Uribe really been that much better than last year? Maybe I'm just forgetting how much we sucked last year. At least when Hall returns, we can put him at 1b.

Uribe's approach at the plate has been much better.

He did add some help against LHP with Hall, and where were you going to add speed? The only positions where we offensive question marks going into the 2007 season were CF, LF, and SS. You said you wanted Pierre, but he isn't earing his $45 million this season with his current .289/.313/.328. Dave Roberts? .215/.277/.344

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:42 PM)
Just turned the game on. Does anyone know if we have attempted any bunts? I'm curious to see if we have.

Ozuna easily could have bunted into a DP, Willits got a perfect one down. Of course, it figures that rookies and 2nd year players execute better than our veterans.

Brian Anderson, Royal Guard

Thomias Cooper

I started the MRF in 2001 working for CKC in one of the Travelers Carts selling the official merchandise of the fair, as you see you can take the person out of the cart but you can't remove the training from the man. I worked for CKC at the same cart through 2004. During that off season I was recruited by and joined the Royal Guard for a fantastic 2005 season. It was one of the best years I have had at fest and am looking forward to many more years to come with the guard.

[submitted 11/12/2005]

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:43 PM)
Ozuna easily could have bunted into a DP, Willits got a perfect one down. Of course, it figures that rookies and 2nd year players execute better than our veterans.

Thanks. I don't understand why we haven't been trying to bunt more while we have been in this slump. You would think the manager would try a little smallball or something to try to ignite this offense. But what do I know.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:46 PM)
Thanks. I don't understand why we haven't been trying to bunt more while we have been in this slump. You would think the manager would try a little smallball or something to try to ignite this offense. But what do I know.

Well, outside of Erstad and Ozuna, maybe Mackowiak, we don't have anyone with the speed to make it worth trying.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
Erstad has been an offensive upgrade over Anderson.

I imagine Hall healthy would be an offensive upgrade over Widger/Alomar.

Pods was playing better this year than 2006.

Uribe is better this year than 2006.

So how is it KW's fault that Konerko, Dye, Iguchi and Crede aren't hitting? Was he supposed to trade all 4 of them and bring someone else in?

Saying Erstad is an upgrade over Anderson isn't saying a whole lot. Lets face it, if Erstad wanted the average salary of a major league baseball player, he would probably be sitting at home now asking Chris Widger when the beer league starts.

Should you really count on Dye repeating his 2006 numbers? Pods gets hurt every year, sorry if I don't find any sympathy for KW in his decision to give him $3 million. Thome has now been hurt 4 seasons in a row. There comes a time when you have to figure he will miss some time.

The Sox struggled mightily against LHP last year, and KW's only answer was Toby Hall.

I still think these guys will start to hit. I think Dye will look more like the 2005 version than 2006, but that was fine. Konerko will hit. If he's healthy, Thome will hit. Iguchi will be better, but I advocated trading him last year, because for some reason I think he's going to fall off a cliff ability wise, plus he seems to be a lot slower turning a DP than when he first hit the scene. Crede will get very hot for a month or so.

BTW, lmao at Hawk complaining about the Angels moaning about the Sox soft hits yesterday. Pot meet kettle.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:47 PM)
Good break, good hustle.

Now let's strand him!

There's that Sweeney "doubles" power.

Good hustle at least...I remember against Boston last year, Ryan was the only one trying to create something and put pressure on the opponent.