White Sox vs. Angels, 5/6/07 (W)

Capn12

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
What do you mean "sad statement but actually probably true"? Definitely and absolutely true. Cintron should be DFA'd.

Its sad because Uribe's D isn't really as good as people here have you believe.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 6, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
Cardinals are hurting for pitching with Carpenter out it may be a great time to really think about trading him to St. Louis they may overpay!

They have nothing to give us besides Pujols there minor leagues are worse than ours

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 6, 2007 -> 08:59 PM)
Quinlann was 4/15 against (not including ALCS) Buehrle coming in, but two of those 4 hits were homers.

Like we were saying, that means he has 3 career homers. It would be funny seeing someone like Pods face Lidge, and hearing how he's never faced him before statistically.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
I think I'm on the fire Greg Walker bandwagon now. It's not even that I think it's all his fault. But something has to happen. These guys need a change or a different voice. The pitching is fine. It's even better than I expected. But we're not going to win games with this kind of putrid offense. We simply cannot afford to fall too far back of the Indians and Tigers. Something needs to happen now!

Look at the line-up. Their isn't a non-player change that could be made right now that would make it any more potent.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
wHEN they have Ozzie bobblehead day we should have a Soxtalk Bobblehead bashing contest in the Parking lot at the Cell

Umm...I don't think any manager in baseball history could win this game for the White Sox. Seriously.

More evidence...Uribe makes that play 99% of the time, he's good going out there into the outfield.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 6, 2007 -> 04:01 PM)
please.

KW was supposed to sign TWO major league caliber backup catchers this offseason? KW was the one who put Hall in at first late in a meaningless ST game?

What on Earth does that have to do with me saying I miss Uribe's defense after Cintron looks slow and bumbling in the field?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 6, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
Look at the line-up. Their isn't a non-player change that could be made right now that would make it any more potent.

I have looked at the lineup, and our offensive woes go back to the all-star break of last year. No reason whatsoever that our offense should be this bad. And we can't even really use Thome as an excuse. We haven't hit all year.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 6, 2007 -> 09:01 PM)
please.

KW was supposed to sign TWO major league caliber backup catchers this offseason? KW was the one who put Hall in at first late in a meaningless ST game?

Bingo!

please.

Kenny definitely did the right thing in signing Hall. It's the fact that he did NOTHING to upgrade any of the other HUGE holes we had/have.

please.

Hall is going to try to comeback in the next couple of weeks. If that fails, KW needs to get a new back-up catcher, one who actually could get a hit. I do agree that Molina isn't KW's fault.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 6, 2007 -> 09:01 PM)
BTW, Anderson went 2-5 with a homer today. Good job Brian!

Anybody else here for getting rid of Erstad and Pods and letting Anderson and Sweeney be the outfield for the rest of the year I would rather lose developing young players