Jerry Falwell dies

Brian

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ May 15, 2007 -> 12:56 PM)
No, it's not.

He may not have been whose views were worthy of your respect - but he's worthy of your respect as a human.

no, no he's not. This was a man who spent his whole life trying to make people not free. This world is better off without his influence.

I feel not one drip of sadness.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 15, 2007 -> 01:21 PM)
Sorry to change the subject but what if people gloated over the death of Bin Laden? Would the mods have to curb those types of responses as well?

Would we have to? No

Would we? Probably, depending on the comments.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 15, 2007 -> 06:12 PM)
I heard he was a drunkard, who had sex with his mother in an outhouse.

Hey, religious right...f off

That's pretty ignorant. As some others have said, this person may have had views that were extreme (which I absolutely do not agree with) but comments like this cross the line.

As far as BigSqwert's comments, if there were comments like this, we'd probably close that (BinLadin's dead) thread as well.

However, there's a difference between a war criminal such as BinLadin and Falwell (again, I don't agree with the guy at all...)

Edit: Oops, this was closed. But hey, I'll leave it anyway.

Edit again - well it turns out that Falwell was used in an ad in 1988 in Hustler, hence Tony's reference. I still think it's crude, but at least I understand the reference now. My fault, Tony.

Edited by kapkomet