AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:47 PM)
You're welcome.

HA what an atrocious pun.

Great work Danks, nice to see some runs, let's beat the Wang tonight and get a sweep.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:51 PM)
Would anyone want to calculate Danks' ERA if Uribe hadn't made that mistake that wasn't called an error a few starts ago?

Well that was 3 earned runs more, so he'd be at 41 and 2/3 innings with 16 earned runs allowed instead of the current 19.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
HA what an atrocious pun.

Great work Danks, nice to see some runs, let's beat the Wang tonight and get a sweep.

"REAL" ERA for Danks=3.46

Awesome...although Masset's slide is taking a little of the shine off that deal, and McCarthy has improved, with a 3-4 record and 6.51 ERA.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:58 PM)
"REAL" ERA for Danks=3.46

Awesome...although Masset's slide is taking a little of the shine off that deal, and McCarthy has improved, with a 3-4 record and 6.51 ERA.

Yep, I was just going to post that, 3.46 is the real one. Oh, and Masset still has an ERA almost identical to McCarthy alone even with the recent turn of those 2. But Danks alone made this trade more than worth it, and I still like Masset.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 16, 2007 -> 04:08 PM)
Thanks, guys.

And a damn fine game.

Wish they had Sox/Yankees instead of Red Sox/Tigers on ESPN, but you can't blame them.

It would be great to see the pain it causes Cashman and Steinbrenner when Contreras pitches well against his former club...it must hurt doubly, with all the pitchers they've run out there the last three seasons or so.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(fathom @ May 16, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)
Great to get back to my desk to see the final score. I know it's after the fact, but I love that Ozzie kept Thornton in the game to face their lefties.

Ozzie had his best regular season game since he took over for us in game 1 IMO. Danks is now a definite option for Sunday since he only threw 6.1 and 88 pitches. He used Thornton against all 3 lefties in the 9th and brought him in for Abreu in the 8th. He got a lot out of Aardsma, he kept the rest of the pen (including Bobby) fresh for tonight....I was impressed.