Where the F*CK is Thornton???

BearSox

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:45 PM)
I'm trying to find Jenks too.

mac basically helped us lose both games even though he didnt pitch today. if he threw the ball the way he was supposed to, then he would have pitched today in the 8th, then handed it over to jenks

What is our bullpen's ERA now? Seems like it has to be nearing 5.00.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 19, 2007 -> 10:48 PM)
mac basically helped us lose both games even though he didnt pitch today. if he threw the ball the way he was supposed to, then he would have pitched today in the 8th, then handed it over to jenks

Good post...MacDougal is a lot better pitcher in the environment we had today, as he doesn't give up many homers. Aardsma tries to be too perfect, and he throws to many pitches down the heart of the plate.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:44 PM)
That's what I want to know.

You dont put Thornton in vs what would have been 3 righties in Theriot, Murton and Soriano. Ozzie played matchups and Aardsma just had a bad day, hes been due for one.

If anything still ticks me off its that Ozzie puts in Logan a lefty to face DLee a righty.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:52 PM)
Aardsma has been our bet reliever, and righties were hitting .184 against him. He had to face three straight righties. Give Ozzie a f***ing break.

^exactly like I just said.

One bad outing.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:52 PM)
You dont put Thornton in vs what would have been 3 righties in Theriot, Murton and Soriano. Ozzie played matchups and Aardsma just had a bad day, hes been due for one.

If anything still ticks me off its that Ozzie puts in Logan a lefty to face DLee a righty.

Like I said previously, Thornton throws lefty, but he still gets out righties. In fact, his splits the past two years, he has gotten righties out easier then he has gotten lefties out.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:53 PM)
Like I said previously, Thornton throws lefty, but he still gets out righties. In fact, his splits the past two years, he has gotten righties out easier then he has gotten lefties out.

So? David should've still been able to handle it.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:52 PM)
Aardsma has been our best reliever, and righties were hitting .184 against him. He had to face three straight righties. Give Ozzie a f***ing break.

Im not ripping Ozzie what-so-ever, I'd just like to know where the f*** Thornton is.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:52 PM)
Aardsma has been our best reliever, and righties were hitting .184 against him. He had to face three straight righties. Give Ozzie a f***ing break.

Watching Mac against the Royals, even during his good days, should be enough of a lesson as to why you don't put guys in big spots against ex teams.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why Logan instead of Thornton? 7-6 is still manageable.

Isn't it that they tend to use Thornton when they're ahead, i.e. the set up man? And Logan when they're behind?

Let's face it, the players aren't executing. Yesterday it was why MacDougal, why not Aardsma, today Aardsman screws up and etc etc etc.

The players are not getting it done.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:52 PM)
^exactly like I just said.

One bad outing.

his 3rd...i dont agree because he has been good but pitching in the 6th inning or so. he hasnt been able to get it done this year the times he has pitched in pressure situatuions.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 19, 2007 -> 06:04 PM)
his 3rd...i dont agree because he has been good but pitching in the 6th inning or so. he hasnt been able to get it done this year the times he has pitched in pressure situatuions.

Whatever havent been counting, hes had many quality outings this just happen to be one of his poor ones. Pressure situations? Hes come in with guys on base one game in particular I dont remember against who but it was bases loaded and he struck out the side.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ May 19, 2007 -> 11:25 PM)
Whatever havent been counting, hes had many quality outings this just happen to be one of his poor ones. Pressure situations? Hes come in with guys on base one game in particular I dont remember against who but it was bases loaded and he struck out the side.

Huge difference though in pitching with the lead and without the lead.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:55 PM)
Why Logan instead of Thornton? 7-6 is still manageable.

Because Ozzie got pansted not thinking they'd bring in Lee as a pinch hitter, and thus we were stuck with the LOOGY kid Logan out there instead of Thornton, who at least has a pretty good shot against D Lee.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 19, 2007 -> 06:27 PM)
Huge difference though in pitching with the lead and without the lead.

I only mentioned one situation, hes come in with and without lead.

Dont need to rub it in. Not like I was giving all the details.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ May 19, 2007 -> 11:35 PM)
I only mentioned one situation, hes come in with and without lead.

Dont need to rub it in. Not like I was giving all the details.

It wasn't directed towards your point exactly. We've actually been talking on this site about how he overthrows in clutch situations, and it results in his ball tailing back down the plate for players to crush. He even admitted to doing that during the Tigers game.