That's it, blow the whole f***ing thing up

whitesoxfan101

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2007 -> 06:02 PM)
Is under .500 and 4th place in June still too early?

Of the 103 teams that went on to win a World Series, just three -- the 1914 "Miracle" Braves (20-30), the 2003 Marlins (21-29) and 1924 Senators (24-26) -- were even one game below .500 after 50 games.

Of the 24 wild-card playoff teams since the invention of wild-card playoff teams in 1995, three of them -- the 2005 Astros (-10½), the 2003 Marlins (-8) and the 2001 A's (-8) were at least eight games out in that race by the end of May.

The problem is, what do we blow up?

With injuries, we're playing Fields, Owens, Terrero.

We got no minor league ss to replace Uribe do we?

If we trade starters, we'll just be weak there to go with our weak bullpen.

So what do we do?

Trade Dye for what?

Trade Mark B for what? Remember the talk of dynasty after we won it all?

That seems so stupid right now.

Edited by greg775

Time to change things KW. Even if these hitters started hitting, its too freaking late!!! I am all for These Kids Can Play again. Call up Anderson, Sweeney and let them play. Fields will probably be around due to Crede's condition. Get some young blood in to replace these millionaires.

QUOTE(bulokis @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:57 PM)
Time to change things KW. Even if these hitters started hitting, its too freaking late!!! I am all for These Kids Can Play again. Call up Anderson, Sweeney and let them play. Fields will probably be around due to Crede's condition. Get some young blood in to replace these millionaires.

I would, for once, like to see one of our "semi-power hitter projects" (Sweeney, Anderson, Fields and even Terrero) rip a fastball over the plate at 93-95 MPH.

Is that asking for too much?

At least now, from having had a couple of bad spells with my back, I can understand why Crede is struggling so much, but players in their early to mid 20's who are 100% healthy?

QUOTE(beck72 @ May 20, 2007 -> 10:47 AM)
The sox are trying to win in the AL central

On what planet? In what year? It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this White Sox team will not only NOT win the AL Central, but won't even finish 2nd. They didn't last year, why should they this year? This is a bad baseball team, save the SP.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:20 PM)
The problem is, what do we blow up?

With injuries, we're playing Fields, Owens, Terrero.

We got no minor league ss to replace Uribe do we?

If we trade starters, we'll just be weak there to go with our weak bullpen.

So what do we do?

Trade Dye for what?

Trade Mark B for what? Remember the talk of dynasty after we won it all?

That seems so stupid right now.

That's the problem. The guys you would be trading in a fire sale are the ones that are the very reason the Sox currently suck. You're not going to get anything for guys like Dye, Crede and Iguchi now. Who else are they going to get rid of? Mackowiak? Cintron? MacDougal? Bukvich? Who are they going to get for those guys?

Best thing that can happen is for the Sox hitters to start hitting like they have in the past. Then they'll start winning games. If around the trade deadline these guys have been producing and they still appear to be out of it, then is the time to trade them off. Hopefully if they start producing soon enough, the Sox can get back into the pennant race and we can be buyers at the deadline for something that can put us over the top. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 06:11 PM)
Can I get me a Mark Buehrle for 35 cents? Maybe Podsednik's wife for a nickel?

Podsednik's wife for a nickel? She is in near mint condition, with Mr. Scott's groin problems of the last 2 years. She slips a little in first, ... no wait, that is Scott. Could I interest you in Dye for a Dollar? Get the whole outfield for two bucks!