White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/20/07 (W)

MHizzle85

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jenksd @ May 20, 2007 -> 04:02 PM)
so three bad outings for a few day stretch is enough for that, so I'm assuming he'll be down in Charlotte with Jenks and Thornton(early in the year)?

Jenks and Thornton have proven they can be successful in the majors for more than a month.

Aardsma is a 1 pitch pitcher who pulled a great April out of his ass.

Aardsma and Sisco have turned into exactly what they truly are, which is bad. I hope we have a backup plan out there. Right now, we have Mac who will be fine I think, Thornton is waking up, Bobby is Bobby, and Logan is a LOOGY. After that, Sisco is bad, Aardsma has 1 pitch, Masset is a starter who turns into McCarthy in the pen. This is a big problem.

QUOTE(premo @ May 20, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
The next time Hawk says ducksnort im going to throw the remote at my tv

You mean like earlier in the thread when "darin erstad's hit was only a ducksnort"?

Stop cheering against this team.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 20, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
I am already dreading the time when Danks has back to back rough starts. It WILL happen this season, and I promise there will be people wanting him sent down.

Bulls*** and you know it.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 20, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
He is 25 years old, and doesn't even have 100 IP yet in this league. There are going to be rough spots. Same with Masset, same with Sisco, same with Boone, and same with Danks. I am already dreading the time when Danks has back to back rough starts. It WILL happen this season, and I promise there will be people wanting him sent down.

Give it a rest sometimes.

Danks has the pediagree to be good, so you stick with him. Masset is not a bullpen guy as we saw today, so I can lay off him. Boone is a LOOGY right now, and got burned by a righty last night because of our manager. Sisco and Aardsma have track records, Sisco can't throw strikes and Aardsma has only 1 pitch under most circumstances. It is what it is.

QUOTE(jenksd @ May 20, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
You mean like earlier in the thread when "darin erstad's hit was only a ducksnort"?

I'm still waiting for a comment about the game and not about something a poster said.

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ May 20, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
Agree.

And you can bet Ken Williams has his eyes open, I think they need a veteran down in that pen.

He has no one to blame but himself about this pen.

QUOTE(jenksd @ May 20, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)

How is that cheering against the team?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 20, 2007 -> 04:06 PM)
I wonder if anyone on this board still think Zambrano is second only to Johan Santana. We b**** about Dye and Iguchi not performing in their contract years, how about Zambrano?

People forget that although Zambrano had a 4-1 record against us coming into today, he also had an ERA of about 4 and a half. Record isn't everything with pitchers.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 20, 2007 -> 09:06 PM)
I wonder if anyone on this board still think Zambrano is second only to Johan Santana. We b**** about Dye and Iguchi not performing in their contract years, how about Zambrano?

I didn't want to say this during the game, but he resembled a lot of the stuff we complain about in our pitchers. His velocity is way down this year.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 20, 2007 -> 04:06 PM)
Come on Wille, you have been here long enough to know there WILL be posters that will be calling for Danks head, saying the trade was bad, and Danks shouldnt be up here.

Maybe a few people that absolutely have their head up their ass.

But calling for Aardsma to be demoted and calling for Danks to be demoted are 2 completely different things. Calling for Danks is just delusional.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 20, 2007 -> 04:06 PM)
Come on Wille, you have been here long enough to know there WILL be posters that will be calling for Danks head, saying the trade was bad, and Danks shouldnt be up here.

Nobody is THAT nuts. Danks has been amazing despite never pitching in triple a, and Masset had a start today that might have been better than any B Mac has had all year. There is a difference between over the top panic, disagreeable criticism, and flat out stupidity.