White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/20/07 (W)

MHizzle85

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 20, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)
I'm still waiting for a comment about the game and not about something a poster said.

He has no one to blame but himself about this pen.

there was my brilliant post about the grand slam. besides, i've only had like 3-4 posts in this thread?

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 20, 2007 -> 04:07 PM)
any chance that this game is called and the Sox get the W?

Not unless the radar is wrong, but then again that is possible.

And how can you say a career AAA pitcher with a double A start to his last name, that has only 1 real pitch and is reverting back to career norms after a career month going against a league that has NEVER seen him shouldn't be even thought of to be sent down. People always seem to forget the new league factor, which is a big part of how Aardsma had been so good IMO (same goes for Lilly with the Cubs).

(And i'm not talking to you BearSox, just in general to whoever did say it).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 20, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)
100% agree, but you know it will happen. I promise it will.

Just give these guys some time. Williams assembled a young bullpen. Often times, young=struggles. It's just going to happen. Give them a chance to work it out before you want to ship them off.

If everyone got there way a few days ago, Masset would be in AAA right now.

Here's the exact problem with this bullpen....we have too many young guys. You can't go through stretches where this many of them are struggling....it's a recipe for disaster.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 20, 2007 -> 04:10 PM)
that would be hilarious if ozzie left aardsma in for the ninth and he gives up 5 runs

I don't think I'd be pissed. I'd probably laugh my ass off until they turn into tears. Sad, painful tears.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(fathom @ May 20, 2007 -> 04:11 PM)
Here's the exact problem with this bullpen....we have too many young guys. You can't go through stretches where this many of them are struggling....it's a recipe for disaster.

We should bring back Nelson.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 20, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)
with a double A start to his last name

What does this have to do with anything?

and is reverting back to career norms

Career norms? What career norms? The 63 innings he pitched in the bigs prior to this year?

BTW, I found that worst throw ever. For those of you who have MLB TV, it was the April 21st game between the Nationals and Marlins in Miami. Lefty Matt Chico threw the pitch in the first inning, and it actually landed 3 rows above the 1st base dugout. That, is THE worst throw ever.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 20, 2007 -> 04:14 PM)
What does this have to do with anything?

Career norms? What career norms? The 63 innings he pitched in the bigs prior to this year?

Did you see him last year? It's actually what he did, very inconsistent stretches good and bad, 1 pitch pitcher. And he pitched a large sample size last year.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 20, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
Did you see him last year? It's actually what he did, very inconsistent stretches good and bad, 1 pitch pitcher. And he pitched a large sample size last year.

In 2006 he pitched 53 innings with the Cubs. That's a large sample?

Oh, right, now I remember who I'm talking to.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 20, 2007 -> 04:19 PM)
In 2006 he pitched 53 innings with the Cubs. That's a large sample?

Oh, right, now I remember who I'm talking to.

So 53 innings of up and down pitching with no off speed stuff is not relevant? When he's doing the same thing this year? I see.....well ok, whatever you say! :)

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 20, 2007 -> 04:10 PM)
And how can you say a career AAA pitcher with a double A start to his last name, that has only 1 real pitch and is reverting back to career norms after a career month going against a league that has NEVER seen him shouldn't be even thought of to be sent down. People always seem to forget the new league factor, which is a big part of how Aardsma had been so good IMO (same goes for Lilly with the Cubs).

(And i'm not talking to you BearSox, just in general to whoever did say it).

Career norms? So he had a 50.00 ERA last year? He's pitched one real season and a 4.00 ERA that year. I'd say if it stuck around 3.66-4.00 for the rest of the year(which seems probable) he probably has little chance of being sent down. Is that great? no, but definitely passable enough considering how shaky other members of the bullpen have been. Each pitcher has a few bad outings in a row, are we supposed to expect the team to predict when those outings are and send them down during that period now?

And the "new league factor" has never been a BIGGGG part of anything. It's a small part in the big picture, and you're exaggerating your reasoning.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 20, 2007 -> 04:20 PM)
Also, why the f*** did they end that montage w/ the Marte walk walk-off?

Anytime I see him, I think of how much he should thank El Duque daily. Everybody remembers the mess he got out of, but nobody remembers it was created by Marte and the incredibly dumb decision to bring him in at all in that spot. Luckily, Marte wasn't seen again after that until we had to get him out there in the 14 inning game, so we learned our lesson.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 20, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
So 53 innings of up and down pitching with no off speed stuff is not relevant? When he's doing the same thing this year? I see.....well ok, whatever you say! :)

No offspeed stuff? What type of pitch did he get Soriano out on? Must have been a fastball I guess -- apparently fastballs come in at 83 and drop. I forgot, I don't agree with you, so I'm (your?) an idiot.

Is he inconsistent with his breaking stuff? Sure. That's not what you're saying, though.