Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
What did Nintendo announce? I only saw the Microsoft and Sony 'conferences'.

Also, is Resident Evil 5 going to be exclusive to PS3?

I don't know about the Nintendo conference, but I'm pretty sure RE 5 is going to be multi-platform. Both Microsoft and Sony played intros for them at their conferences.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 11:29 PM)
Gears of War coming to the ps3... more reason for me not to get a 360.

Gears of War for the pc will have:

5 new single player chapters, new multiplayer arenas, a new multiplayer mode, new achievements

I hope they won't have xbox 360 users be able to download that and instead try and get some more money by having them have to buy the computer version.

That doesn't make sense that it's going to PS3. Microsoft said it will be multi-platform, but why would a game published by Microsoft go a Sony counsel? Also I haven't seen anything saying it's going to PS3, only PC.

But besides that, I think I'm the only one who doesn't like Gears of War :huh

Edited by chimpy2121

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 08:44 PM)

I'm not going to say I don't like GoW, but I've played it a couple of times and it hasn't 'done enough' for me to buy it. And this is after five months of my friends telling me that this game is the s*** online and that I'm an idiot for not buying it.

So no, you're not alone. I'm going to get Halo 3 for sure, though, and I also might hop back on Rainbow 6 with the new maps.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 11:41 AM)
Mario Kart Wii Online looks sick.

Link???

And random question: Is Super Smash Bros. (N64) downloadable yet or will it be?

Maybe it's because my brother doesn't get video game magazines anymore, but it seems as if there used to used to be more great games coming out for systems.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 09:45 PM)
I heard that PS3 was going to get a big-time exclusive that was a previous multi-console game. Haze immediately came to mind to me as well. And I wouldn't call it the next Halo, it will be better than that. Well, TimeSplitters 2 is probably the best FPS to ever grace consoles, and this is being made by the same people(Who also made GoldenEye and Perfect Dark).

Yep, that would be the case (at least initially, wording seems to suggest a GTA/Oblivion like delayed release on other platforms)...

Haze exclusive to PS3 confirmed

Looks like I might have to find a way to get $500 for a PS3 in the near future. :huh:

Edited by ZoomSlowik

Sony was really the only impressive conference. Nintendo unveiled Wii Fit, which doesn't look to good, but it uses a separate control method which is a pad that sense your motion.I think it would be pretty cool if they used it on an actual game. The Wii Zapper with Resident Evil looks cool too.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 03:44 PM)
That doesn't make sense that it's going to PS3. Microsoft said it will be multi-platform, but why would a game published by Microsoft go a Sony counsel? Also I haven't seen anything saying it's going to PS3, only PC.

I hate gears of war sooooooo much!

I hate gears of war sooooooo much!

my bad, I meant to write pc... they both begin with p :P

Anyone see the Killzone video? I gotta say I was pretty 'meh' about it. I was impressed two years ago when it first came out. But now it doesn't seem all that cool.

At this point both Gears and Resistance have established the next gen FPS. I saw a ton of similarities with Killzone: dark, stormy, rubble-filled setting, cool death sequences, and some updated graphics. But really I have yet to be wow'd by anything next gen. It looks nice and some of the features (media wise) are cool, but I expected so much more. The jump from n64 to ps1 or from ps1 to ps2 was so much bigger IMO.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Jul 12, 2007 -> 07:00 PM)
MGS4 looks awesome.

Yeah it does. Between that, Lair, and Killzone 2 you can tell the PS3 really is capable of significantly better graphics than the 360.

I was pretty amazed that the Killzone team actually pulled it off. You can't tell the difference between their in-game graphics and the CGI video. Incredible, really.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 11:58 AM)
Zelda is one of my favorite game ever. So is RE4 on GameCube.

I rented Zelda and Tiger Woods PGA 07. Zelda is pretty kick ass.

I don't really know why I never got into the Zelda series as a kid, but I'm enjoying this so far.

RE4 is only $30 in the stores, so I think i'm gonna pick it up. Especially since a few people here said it was good, and I read a bunch of great reviews for it, too.

thanks guys.

i can't wait for Madden 08

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 12, 2007 -> 03:09 PM)
Yeah it does. Between that, Lair, and Killzone 2 you can tell the PS3 really is capable of significantly better graphics than the 360.

I was pretty amazed that the Killzone team actually pulled it off. You can't tell the difference between their in-game graphics and the CGI video. Incredible, really.

I have to disagree after seeing the latest video of Mass Effect. Both consoles have shown they can produce CG-quality graphics when a team spends enough time and resources developing for it.

If you have a choice, get this year's football games on 360 as they will all run at 60 frames vs. PS3's 30.

The MGS4 trailer looked absolutely badass.

I heard there's a new music sort of game in the mould of Guitar Hero, but it also comes with a drum kit and something, and you can basically play the whole song with all of the instruments, although it was going to cost in the $300 range.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 13, 2007 -> 08:27 AM)
The MGS4 trailer looked absolutely badass.

I heard there's a new music sort of game in the mould of Guitar Hero, but it also comes with a drum kit and something, and you can basically play the whole song with all of the instruments, although it was going to cost in the $300 range.

Yep, it's called Rock Band. http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/puzzle/rockban...=result;title;1

I heard it was $200, but still. That's damn near enough for an entire console.