Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

GTA IV Locking Up on PS3, But Not on Xbox 360

04/29/08

GTA IV represents perhaps the biggest game launch of 2008, so when there are issues on its first day of release, you'd better believe people will be raising a ruckus.

According to reports from various Webmasters and gamers, GTA IV is freezing-up or locking on the PlayStation 3. Early reports suggested that the GTA IV freezing issues were limited to the 60GB PS3 and/or the GTA IV Collector's Edition, but as more gamers have gotten home with their copies of GTA IV, reports of freezing have run the board.

While some owners of a 20GB PS3 have experienced GTA IV locking up, owners of the 40GB and 80GB PlayStation 3s have not yet reported any problems.

So far, there do not appear to be any reports of GTA IV freezing on the Xbox 360.

Thankfully, I have a 360.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 12:38 PM)
I know they are probably playing it, but no one here has IV yet???

I won't allow myself to buy it until after finals, if I buy it now...my assignments and studying will NEVER get done.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)
I am in the same boat.

Don't you just love Columbia????

Sure we may go a week or two later than most of my friends, but it'll be nice to not have to go back until AFTER labor day.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 05:08 PM)
My 360 version works.

It looks glorious. When you are driving on the streets, it pretty much looks real.

I pre-ordered mine a while back and am going to pick it up tomorrow. I cannot wait to play it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 06:08 PM)
My 360 version works.

It looks glorious. When you are driving on the streets, it pretty much looks real.

I need to get a 360, my gamecube isn't cutting it anymore.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 07:12 PM)
there are widespread reports of the 360 failure too, just not as bad as the launch 60GBs, which I have.

I'm sorry to hear that. Supposedly Rockstar promises a patch by the weekend. Having played it for a few hours since I got home, I can tell you you will be pleasantly surprised by its greatness.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 12:49 AM)
I'm sorry to hear that. Supposedly Rockstar promises a patch by the weekend. Having played it for a few hours since I got home, I can tell you you will be pleasantly surprised by its greatness.

That's good to hear. There was some speculation that they would just try to sweep under the rug for a couple weeks while their stock soars.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 07:49 PM)

QFT. Its pretty insane. I highly recommend spawning the helicopter. The graphics are unreal.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 04:25 AM)
Is there a way to find out which edition you are buying?

For nintendo games, there is a second bar code telling you which version of the game it is. My GTA4 boxart doesn't have this barcode, so other companies probaly don't do that, but I'm sure there is something on there.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 01:55 PM)
Pickup mine up this morning. Will be playing it in about an hour...can't wait.

It's awesome. I was waiting for the el train and right as it showed up I shoved a broad onto the tracks and killed her. The folks around were horrified and then a cop came and all hell broke loose.

This game is fun.

Driving drunk (in the game) is ridiculously funny and challenging.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:08 PM)
So how awesome is GTA4? I'm seriously considering getting a PS3 for this game and MGS4.

It's incredibly awesome. The universe is MASSIVE. This is going to be entertaining forever, because once you tire of the single player, hours can be dedicated to multiplayer. i played for a solid 4 hours so far, and am like 2.2% complete with the game. It's funny, because it's so easy to get sidetracked.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 04:02 PM)
It's incredibly awesome. The universe is MASSIVE. This is going to be entertaining forever, because once you tire of the single player, hours can be dedicated to multiplayer. i played for a solid 4 hours so far, and am like 2.2% complete with the game. It's funny, because it's so easy to get sidetracked.

Damn. This is going to be a tough sell to the Misses. We're getting married this summer and I'm not sure how I can convince her we need a game console right now.