Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 01:40 PM)
Anyone got any PS3 game recommendations?

I traded in Xbox360 and a whole bunch of other stuff so I was able to buy the system, MGS4, and pre-ordered and payed off NCAA09 and Madden 20th Year Edition with the credit I got (too bad I couldn't get NHL payed off).

I don't know if I'll get anything because I have MGS4 now and I'll be pretty set come July 15th, but I could use some advice. Anyone play Lego Star Wars? Orange Box?

the show

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 04:56 PM)
I surprisingly really like that game. I play RTTS more than Ive played GTA4 since I got it.

I think I'm going to get the Show. I already played GTAIV and don't want to get it again for PS3. The same goes for COD4.

QUOTE (Shadows @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 03:25 PM)
Anyone with a 360 wanna play me in MLB2k8 or play some COD4??

i think playing mlb is too laggy ... cod we can play though .. pm me or something

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 01:47 PM)
I'm thinking about playing MVP Baseball 05 with all of the mods that they do each year....any advice on how I should get a copy of the game and how to get started?

I went back and tried playing MVP the other day but the only bad thing about that game on PS2 is that it is so laggy and slow sometimes.

I would flip if they brought MVP back.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 06:17 PM)
MVP 05 for the comp goes for close to 150 on ebay. It's a very tough game to find.

I did read that retail editions are hard to come by, I guess i'll have to scrounge torrent sites.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 06:17 PM)
MVP 05 for the comp goes for close to 150 on ebay. It's a very tough game to find.

I wish I knew that a couple of years ago. I would have stocked up MVP 05 for the computer and then sell them on ebay or Amazon for pretty much triple of what I paid for them.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 01:59 AM)
anyone gotten GH Aerosmith yet? if so, is it basically the same as GH3 but different songs?

uh, it's annoying. Hammer-ons and pull-offs don't work as easily as they did in GH3 and unless you like Aerosmith and similar music, it kinda sucks

I'm gonna keep playing it, but I think they should have chosen a different artist first...like Metallica...

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 03:05 AM)
uh, it's annoying. Hammer-ons and pull-offs don't work as easily as they did in GH3 and unless you like Aerosmith and similar music, it kinda sucks

I'm gonna keep playing it, but I think they should have chosen a different artist first...like Metallica...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero:_Metallica

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 06:34 PM)
I did read that retail editions are hard to come by, I guess i'll have to scrounge torrent sites.

I pulled it off a torrent site not all that long ago. With all the mods at MVP mods, it's still easily the best game out there. I don't play it much anymore though just because I don't play games all that much anymore.

NCAA Football 2009 comes out fairly soon (July 15th, I believe). Downloaded the demo on Xbox Live the other day and played for a bit, seemed pretty cool. Per usual, this will feed my college football fix for the next two months until the season gets in swing.

Oh yeah, online dynasties this year look like a really cool idea. Maybe a soxtalk dynasty if it works well and folks are into it?

QUOTE (Fotop @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 02:51 PM)
NCAA Football 2009 comes out fairly soon (July 15th, I believe). Downloaded the demo on Xbox Live the other day and played for a bit, seemed pretty cool. Per usual, this will feed my college football fix for the next two months until the season gets in swing.

Oh yeah, online dynasties this year look like a really cool idea. Maybe a soxtalk dynasty if it works well and folks are into it?

I'd definitely be down for something like that. But this will only wet my appetite until Madden drops

QUOTE (Fotop @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 03:51 PM)

im down too. Who gets ND? hah

but yeah NCAA looks exactly like last season so im still 50/50 on it, but i get all the names for the rosters so thats why i always buy it.

as for Madden i was so disappointed with the last one i really dont know if ill buy it(ive had all of them since 03) ill rent it but im just not sure.

Right now I play MLB/Cod4/NHL08 and i have GTA sittin around tho i havent played it in a month(before then i played it everyday)

Cod4 is dying down with me, NHL just keeps me goin cuz i am ecstatic for 09 and MLB keeps me in season.

Final Thoughts, I know NHL will be a forsure bye for me(Sept 9th), the only other game i might put money into is NCAA

i only have an xbox360 and a s***ty pc, so last night i broke out mvp 04 for the ps2. (the one w/ pujols on it). What a game.......and that's nowhere near as good as 05 was

Also, I got 100% on the all 3 of the gta3 games, and haven't touched gta 4 in 3 weeks and i'm around 15-20% done with it.

I guess I grew up or something?

QUOTE (SnB @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 08:26 PM)
i only have an xbox360 and a s***ty pc, so last night i broke out mvp 04 for the ps2. (the one w/ pujols on it). What a game.......and that's nowhere near as good as 05 was

Also, I got 100% on the all 3 of the gta3 games, and haven't touched gta 4 in 3 weeks and i'm around 15-20% done with it.

I guess I grew up or something?

Well, I told you so

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 09:45 PM)
im down too. Who gets ND? hah

but yeah NCAA looks exactly like last season so im still 50/50 on it, but i get all the names for the rosters so thats why i always buy it.

I DLed the Demo off XBOX live and it is nothing like last season visually.

The field/stadium looks so much better, even the players look better.

I know they added a ton of alternate uniforms as well, and since you only can play Ohio State vs LSU I didnt get the overall feel to how it was but it seemed to be better than last years version.