Sox to face Clemens

TheChrisSamsa

QUOTE(ChiSox1323 @ May 29, 2007 -> 06:37 PM)
First Roy Halladay comes off the DL early to face the White Sox Thursday and now Clemens makes his season debut against them. Hopefully instead of doing nothing against no name pitchers the offense can hit these rusty aces.

It is not really that bad both will be on a STRICT pitch count neither guy pitches 6 innings! :gosox2:

QUOTE(PlunketChris @ May 29, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)
Looks like Roger Clemens will be making his MLB debut on Monday (I think thats what was said.. if not, sometime in that series) against the Sox. Get your tickets now I suppose.

Yes...this means I get to see the Sox on ESPN HD (I already know ESPN is going to televise this game, they have to).

I can't believe the media attention that he's getting for going to a losing ball club.

That is a nifty load of spin I've heard in a few places. The truth is that he's going to the MLB franchise with the greatest history and he is a fairly important part of it from the late 1990s. He is a fairly important part of baseball history, too.

And I hate Clemens and ESPN and the Yankees. It's just pretty basic. Yankees = the greatest franchise in baseball, perhaps in all of sports. Might be the sleaziest, too, but you can't take away its greatness.

I hope we rip the s*** out of him. I've been saying so since I announced it in a gamethread awhile ago. I hate Clemens. I really do. I think he's the weakest of the Big Four of the last fifteen years (Clemens, Martinez, Maddux, Johnson).

I may watch it on ESPN, but it will be with the mute button on. You know that the whole time they will be talking about Clemens...and how good he is...and how awesome the Yankees are...and how he will turn their team around...etc :puke