White Sox vs. Twins, 5/30/07 (L)

I'm at work so i have to ask....was any of Aardsma's pitches even close to being a strike???

If you are 3-0 to Hunter and you know he's going to take at least 1 pitch and you STILL can't get a strike.....then it's time to head to the minors

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(daa84 @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:08 PM)
macdougal doesn't have options......so it would be moronic to just let him go....it doesn't take balls to send him down, it takes stupidity

Really? He gets paid about 50% of what the entire bullpen makes. If someone wants a guy who can't throw a strike let them have him.

QUOTE(juddling @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:11 PM)
I'm at work so i have to ask....was any of Aardsma's pitches even close to being a strike???

If you are 3-0 to Hunter and you know he's going to take at least 1 pitch and you STILL can't get a strike.....then it's time to head to the minors

they were all low and away....the last one was the farthest from being a strike of the whole sequence

QUOTE(daa84 @ May 30, 2007 -> 08:08 PM)
macdougal doesn't have options......so it would be moronic to just let him go....it doesn't take balls to send him down, it takes stupidity

It's too bad Tigers are in our own division, as they'd definitely be interested in a guy like MacDougal. So would the Reds as a possible closer for them for the next few years.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 30, 2007 -> 08:11 PM)
Really? He gets paid about 50% of what the entire bullpen makes. If someone wants a guy who can't throw a strike let them have him.

Like you've said lately, stop trading for guys on perennial losing teams.

I would love to see Coop come out and just fire on his guys with something like "I'm sick and tired of seeing my guys come out of the pen and go 2-0 or 3-1 to their first batter....this will not be tolerated anymore" say something other than the usual "We're working on some things and we hope to get it all straightened out very soon"

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ May 30, 2007 -> 08:13 PM)
Why? I hope that was an "invisible green" post.

No, it was serious. There's no way we're bringing back Buehrle or Dye, and moving Iguchi could allow KW to go out and try to find a more athletic 2nd baseman. Thome is an interesting case, but I'd lose no sleep if he was dealt.

Looks like Torii Hunter doesnt have to be clutch. Thank f***ing god I'm going to the Cubs game tonight to take my mind off this pathetic s***. I don't care if my name is Ron Santo, nothing could be as bad as the game we just witnessed. Macdougal better be cut within a half hour.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:12 PM)
Like you've said lately, stop trading for guys on perennial losing teams.

MacDougal's 05 and 06 numbers were really pretty good -- I don't know how anyone could foresee this level of ineptitude from MacDougal. Plenty of teams have made trades with perennial losing teams and done well (e.g. the Astros deadline deal for Beltran). This isn't to defend MacDougal at all, but $20M worth of Garland and Konerko sucked today at least as bad as he did if not more.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ May 30, 2007 -> 08:21 PM)
MacDougal's 05 and 06 numbers were really pretty good -- I don't know how anyone could foresee this level of ineptitude from MacDougal. Plenty of teams have made trades with perennial losing teams and done well (e.g. the Astros deadline deal for Beltran). This isn't to defend MacDougal at all, but $20M worth of Garland and Konerko sucked today at least as bad as he did if not more.

Relievers, we're talking about.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2007 -> 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, it was serious. There's no way we're bringing back Buehrle or Dye, and moving Iguchi could allow KW to go out and try to find a more athletic 2nd baseman. Thome is an interesting case, but I'd lose no sleep if he was dealt.

I sense some very dark times ahead for the Sox. 10 to 1 instead of the Sox becoming really good in the next few years with this focus on getting younger, they become a constant 3rd-4th place team, perhaps the next Kansas City Royals. I sure as hell would be pissed about losing Thome, who do you think we would get to make up for his loss? And this situation with Mark not having a contract pisses me off to no end. I'm not quite as fond of KW and especially Ozzie as I used to be.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ May 30, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
I sense some very dark times ahead for the Sox. 10 to 1 instead of the Sox becoming really good in the next few years with this focus on getting younger, they become a constant 3rd-4th place team, perhaps the next Kansas City Royals. I sure as hell would be pissed about losing Thome, who do you think we would get to make up for his loss? And this situation with Mark not having a contract pisses me off to no end. I'm not quite as fond of KW and especially Ozzie as I used to be.

Everyone in baseball expects us to not be an AL Central contender for the next few years. It's fine though, that happens and we've gone with veteran players long enough. However, years of horrible minor league development is really going to kill us.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:18 PM)

Danks is the only player the Sox shoudl be hesitant to trade. And even he, obviously, should be moved at the right, steep price. There's not a single player on the roster to build around. If KW has a big budget ofr 1 more season he should use that and the available talent to completely remake the team.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ May 30, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
Danks is the only player the Sox shoudl be hesitant to trade. And even he, obviously, should be moved at the right, steep price. There's not a single player on the roster to build around. If KW has a big budget ofr 1 more season he should use that and the available talent to completely remake the team.

Yep, Danks is the lone untouchable in the organization. It's scary how many holes we have with such a big payroll. We're going to suck big time the next few years. At least if some young guys are getting a chance, it might be a little more exciting. This is about the most boring team I can remember.

Thome will not being going anywhere. Plain and simple. Unless we work out a magic trade with either Cleveland or the Cubs, there are no trade partners. Plus, he has a full no trade clause. The only way we could possibly move him is if he was convinced by KW and Ozzie that we wouldn't compete anymore. And with the way KW and Ozzie are, they'd never admit something like that.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:43 PM)
Yep, Danks is the lone untouchable in the organization. It's scary how many holes we have with such a big payroll. We're going to suck big time the next few years. At least if some young guys are getting a chance, it might be a little more exciting. This is about the most boring team I can remember.

I completely agree. Right now it is so predictable what some of the old geezers are going to do game in and out. At least with young players there is that excitement you pointed out.

I didn't see the game cuz I was at work. I actually saw we were up 6-1 and decided to turn it off because I didn't want to hear it if we blew it. Just looking through the last few pages of this thread, I agree with most stuff.

Where was Jenks? Why was MacDougal put in a close game again? And I am sick of giving up 2 out runs. Finish the fricking inning.

Watched highlights on MLB.TV and it was the Twins broadcast. Right after Aardsma walked in the winning run, Ozzie sprinted into the clubhouse. It was like "Ball 4" and Zoom!

After the Twins tied the game, i would of just gone out and got intentionally thrown out. Curse the umps for some BS calls and just get the hell out of there.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:32 PM)
However, years of horrible minor league development is really going to kill us.
Of course it will. Which is why the pressure should be increased from fans everywhere. Expect more in trades; more from the minor league system. This upcoming draft, expect more from their scouts. It doesn't even matter if it's unrealistic. Their needs to be some level of expectations on a group of people who haven't done much to secure the team's future. Danks/Masset, Floyd and Gonzalez isn't enough.