White Sox vs. Yankees, 6/5/07 (L)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 08:49 PM)
So you really want Mackowiak over there?

Actually, it might be better to play Uribe at 3B and Cintron at SS, as far as I'm concerned.

You realize that is why we got Mack in the first place, to backup Crede. It was Ozzie who decided he was a CF.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 01:49 AM)
So you really want Mackowiak over there?

Actually, it might be better to play Uribe at 3B and Cintron at SS, as far as I'm concerned.

Yep, Mackowiak played a lot of 3b for Pitt. I've never understood why we don't use him more in the infield....it gives him a lot more value as a utility stud than making him a CF.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 08:49 PM)
4-1 F***!

Come on, those last two runs didn't matter. We aren't going to score more anyways. Just consider this a favor from the Sox. The more runs they score, the easier it is to change teh channel, instead of seeing a one run lead from the Yankees where we get nobody on and try for the homerun.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
The 2006 Buehrle gave up homer after homer. Believe it or not, this Yankees lineup is damn good. Buehrle didn't have much tonight, and if it wasn't for those double plays, we would have been out of the game early on.

He's given up 5 runs in 5 and a third innings against a tied for last place team, including 4 in this inning. I can't go and find that impressive.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 08:52 PM)
He's given up 5 runs in 5 and a third innings against a tied for last place team, including 4 in this inning. I can't go and find that impressive.

He wasn't even hit that hard, A-Rod's was crushed, but everything else was good hitting by very good hitters.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 01:52 AM)

It's not impressive....but the 2006 Buehrle you're trying to talk about would have given up 3 homers in the first 3 innings and everyone would have been complaining about his velocity. I don't care what their record is....this is the best lineup we face.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 08:53 PM)
Mark has s*** himself, its like a shooting gallery out there.

Too bad we can reciprocate it with Mr. 87 mph straight as an arrow batting machine. This guy reminds me of Felix Diaz without the curve.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 08:52 PM)

The Yankees aren't the Royals bro. And have you seen Buehrle's career era against them? Every team PWNS a particular pitcher occasionally.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
BTW...will someone please explain to me why we pitched to the best hitter in the AL with an open base?

Because intentionally walking a guy in an inning with 2 runs already in, 2 more in scoring postion, 0 outs, and a guy hitting .333 with the bases loaded this year and .338 for his career in that spot on deck isn't very practical.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 08:53 PM)
It's not impressive....but the 2006 Buehrle you're trying to talk about would have given up 3 homers in the first 3 innings and everyone would have been complaining about his velocity. I don't care what their record is....this is the best lineup we face.

^^^^^^^^^

Finally someone making sense in this thread.

don't worry...we have 'Klutch'nerko, Juan Uribe 'swing at everything' and pop-up 'Cintron' coming up...we'll be right back in this game.. :D

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 01:54 AM)
So, when will Sox fans just give credit to the offense instead of s***ting on their pitcher and questioning every one of the manager's moves?

That inning would have still been bad, but there's no excuse for Cintron not to be playing closer due to his lack of arm strength. Of course, he shouldn't even be out there.

Your way too smart to say the bolded, Fathom.