BBQ Ribs

Reddy

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 10:42 PM)
I just get fresh ground beef...season them up a little....put them in a baking pan and then pour a bottle or two on them and let 'em soak for 10 min. I like burgers well done, and you'll need to because of the extra moisture in the patty. OMG. Best Burger Ever. I add Chipotle chedder cheese on top and you'll never eat another kind of burger again.

jesus christ im hungry.

I f***ing love that beer for real, nobody understands the glory.

Im also a huge fan of the beer can chicken.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 08:35 AM)
jesus christ im hungry.

I f***ing love that beer for real, nobody understands the glory.

Im also a huge fan of the beer can chicken.

it's a great lager. the black and tan is good as well. Even Dr Beer Flasoxx complimented it.

Oldest brewery in the US.

Hot Damn, I got four beautiful slabs of back ribs in the oven as I type - doin' 'em up Chaos-Style!

Doing two slabs with Chaos' sauce choice, Sweet Baby Ray's, which we only started getting with regularity in Florida a year of so ago. Doing the other two with a hickory smoke sauce that caught my eye, so we'll see how they go.

I'll let y'all know how they turn out.

Thanks for the recipe, Chaos.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 08:41 AM)
it's a great lager. the black and tan is good as well. Even Dr Beer Flasoxx complimented it.

Oldest brewery in the US.

Yeah, I gotta say that sometimes Yuengling does the trick, especially when you're stuck somewhere where the only other draft selections taste like they were brewed through a clydesdale.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 11:48 AM)
Hot Damn, I got four beautiful slabs of back ribs in the oven as I type - doin' 'em up Chaos-Style!

Doing two slabs with Chaos' sauce choice, Sweet Baby Ray's, which we only started getting with regularity in Florida a year of so ago. Doing the other two with a hickory smoke sauce that caught my eye, so we'll see how they go.

I'll let y'all know how they turn out.

Thanks for the recipe, Chaos.

Yeah, I gotta say that sometimes Yuengling does the trick, especially when you're stuck somewhere where the only other draft selections taste like they were brewed through a clydesdale.

Sweet baby rays is awesome. I use that for bbq chicken and salmon all the time. It also works awesome when I make bbq chicken salad.

Chaos...I'm definitely trying out that rib recipe in two weeks time.

If you don't have a grill you can get a smoker box, which works on a cooktop. Load it up with your favorite wood chips, soaked or otherwise. About an hour's worth imparts the smoke flavor and finish in a warm oven. Although be prepared, your place will smell like a campfire for the rest of the weekend.

Sweet Baby Ray's is pretty good sauce, although I'm partial to Gates Original. You can get it at boutique retailers or gatesbbqkc.com. Their rub is also very good. Generally I avoid brown sugar rubs in favor of a dry spice rub--sugar is considered a wet ingredient as it melts and caramelizes under heat. With the amount of time barbecue is exposed to heat, it burns. Brown sugar is easily overdone and the result is a crusty, ashy black mess. Kosher salt, chipotles, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, and black pepper ground in a blender is a solid all-pupose rub with a fiery, smoky flavor. A smear of brown sugar balances the heat.

My roommate does ribs every other week, sides and desserts are my forté.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 08:15 PM)
Speaking of Ribs, and going to RibFest this year? I go every year for the 4th of July and have some of the best Ribs in the world. I usually eat a whole family of pigs when I go there.

I went to the one downtown this last weekend, it was pretty good, but I was not impressed by how many of the vendors straight up grill their ribs.

The greatest evil to the food world are the places that do "Pizza and Ribs". Those people just have no clue at all, and sadly they seem to sell the most. We had a great BBQ joint by us, and they opened by a pizza joint. Well, the pizza joint decided to do battle, so they started offering ribs at $2 less. They successfully drove the rib joint out of business by offering crappy over-cooked tough Pizza Ribs.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 05:48 PM)
The greatest evil to the food world are the places that do "Pizza and Ribs". Those people just have no clue at all, and sadly they seem to sell the most. We had a great BBQ joint by us, and they opened by a pizza joint. Well, the pizza joint decided to do battle, so they started offering ribs at $2 less. They successfully drove the rib joint out of business by offering crappy over-cooked tough Pizza Ribs.

That there is a crying shame.

I made a nice little slab the Chaos Way today, to mixed reviews - I thought they were great, my daughter said they tasted "icky". (She's a huge fan of pork products, but not a fan of barbecue sauce AT ALL, so that's why they got the thumbs down from her.)

The deciding vote will come from the Mrs. when she gets home from work tonight.

• 4 months later...

Hey ya'll. It's a good time of the year to get that oven going and do some ribs up for the football games!!!

I will add one more thing to the mix. When removing the membrane from the back. I used a spoon last time instead of a knife and it worked out great. Then once you get a little corner up, grab it with a paper towel and pull it off.