Ranger Rongey

Hideaway Lights

I dont know what you expect from Rongey, he is doing his job. Post game radio hosts are supposed to be behind the company line and they are not supposed to focus on the negative, thats how they get fired. You can call Rongey a tool or a patsy, but his job is one of the more difficult ones to have, especially given the situation now. It isnt free for all talk radio like normal score radio, he is supposed to be talking up the White Sox, and he does. I can imagine how difficult it is for him right now, and callers routinely bait him.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where the hell is SSI71 when I need him? I know he'd have my back on this one.

I agree with the other poster who mentions most of the callers are reactionary ignorant people that the Ranger has to put up with night in and night out. I also don't understand what these callers are thinking when they call in.

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:18 AM)
Hello Jim from DesPlaines welcome to the Whitesox post game show.

"Chris, how do you stand the crap we see. Its June, where is the offense. How the hell is this team not hitting. Is Greg Walker looking for a new job yet. I am a season ticket holder and I am sick of this crap....and"

Well Jim, you know what will make you happy. A triple threats gift card.

"A triple threats sports card? Chris you didnt answer my question. When is this team going to hit? Why is Greg Wa...."

Well it seems that Jim got disconnected. I know its a common thing for fans to try and find blame. I talked to Greg Walker, the best hitting coach in the history of baseball earlier about it. And he reassured me that when the weather heats up, so will this team. This has been a perfect storm of injuries, unseasonably cold weather, and a large amount of Johan Santana like pitching we have faced. No other team has faced the challenges we have. But good news, we are a 2nd half team. Thats right sox fans. When you think of the 2nd half, you can count on a strong sox team pulling away. I like our position, and I agree with Jon Garland as we will run away with the division. Its not possible for the offense to go on like this. If you flip their cards they are all allstars. I fully expect each member of the team to hit 900 for the rest of the year, and pitchers should be afraid very afraid to face a team like this. Its a lion, about to pounce and tear a team up. It just gives me chills thinking about how many runs this team is going to put up. It could happen tomorrow, it could happen next month. Just remember to be patient, and keep coming to he park and it will happen.

Next caller

:lol: Unbelievable

I was at the game last night. Dullest game that I've ever been to in my life. If it wasn't for my interest in seeing how Josh Fields looks, I would have wanted to leave after 4 innings. I left after 7 anyway.

Dye doesn't look disinterested. He looks old and slow.

Rongey is ok. Yes, he sticks pretty much to the company line but hey...the guy has an employer with certain expectations. Not that anyone on here would ever do their job a certain way just because they have mouths to feed.

Also, half the callers are idiots and think they're the first ones to discover that the Sox aren't playing well and they are now informing the rest of the world. They really have nothing else to say. I'd shoot myself if I had to listen to these boozed up tools over and over again.

Why listen if it aggravates you so much? What is the point, the guys who said most of the callers are not that bright are correct. And the guys who say Rongey is not the most knowledgeable baseball guy and spins everything are also correct.

Once you have those two elements of the equation figured out you realize the postgame show is what it is. Basically a waste of time.

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:51 AM)
Why listen if it aggravates you so much? What is the point, the guys who said most of the callers are not that bright are correct. And the guys who say Rongey is not the most knowledgeable baseball guy and spins everything are also correct.

Once you have those two elements of the equation figured out you realize the postgame show is what it is. Basically a waste of time.

After last night I won't be listening. This dude is pretty much the biggest douchebag on radio.