Ranger Rongey

Hideaway Lights

I have never heard a more irritating postgame show, and that's saying quite a lot, especially after the Dave Wills era.

Tonight's highlights included him berating some guy for daring to suggest that Walker needs to be replaced by constantly barking "how is this his fault? how is this his fault? These guys already know how to hit!!!" etc. etc.

He then proceeded to cut the guy off at every possible instance. I've had it with listening to the White Sox on the radio. If I ever have to hear this guy again, I'll probably just kill mysefl.

This guy routinely disposes of anyone who dares to have a different opinion than whatever he feels is the standard company line d'jour.

Seriously, what the f*** does this guy know about major league hitting? Anyone who has played the game has made in-career adjustments. It's not as though just scrubs need hitting instruction. Frank Thomas anyone?

He also responded to "well then what is his job" with "YOU TELL ME! YOU TELL ME!"

what a f***ing douchebag.

I think he's refreshing. His banter with the Sox fans after the games is usual quite in depth and enlightening, I find myself learning something new after every game it seems. It is truly great radio, I'm not sure why you dislike him so.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 11:59 PM)
I think he's refreshing. His banter with the Sox fans after the games is usual quite in depth and enlightening, I find myself learning something new after every game it seems. It is truly great radio, I'm not sure why you dislike him so.

because he lacks a basic sense of common courtesy and gets emotional while defending the company line

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 12:04 AM)
because he lacks a basic sense of common courtesy and gets emotional while defending the company line

Sounds like he's just a loyal White Sox fan, his defense of the Organization is quite admirable if you ask me.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 12:06 AM)
Sounds like he's just a loyal White Sox fan, his defense of the Organization is quite admirable if you ask me.

No, he is just a homer. I want someone who isn't afriad to tell it how it is, and not repeat the same dribble Ozzie, KW, and co. have said.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 12:06 AM)

90% of the people who call into these postgame shows are reactionary, frustrated, angry, or just ignorant jackasses. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to have to hear the nonsense spewed from these callers on a daily basis. Now don't get me wrong, I hate elitists like Dan Bernstein who hang up on callers because he is always right and he has a diploma from Duke University, but honestly, one can only take so much absolute nonsense before you can't listen to it anymore.

I've always wondered what makes these callers believe that they should call up the radio and feel as though they are making a contribution to something other than adding to mass ignorance.

Edited by iamshack

IMO rongey handled the callers properly, all of the callers want someone to blame for how poorly the sox are playing. well, besides the actual players themselves

firing walker won't do anything, firing ozzie, cooper, KW won't change how this team is gonna perform this year

someone associated with the Jays apparently said the sox look lethargic to him, just seems like the vets on this team don't really care all that much about winning, especially with their salaries

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 12:23 AM)
someone associated with the Jays apparently said the sox look lethargic to him, just seems like the vets on this team don't really care all that much about winning, especially with their salaries

I think someone associated with the Girl Scouts could see that much right now.

Jermaine Dye especially irritates the hell out of me- I mean, he's in a contract year if for nothing else...

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 11:54 PM)
I have never heard a more irritating postgame show, and that's saying quite a lot, especially after the Dave Wills era.

Tonight's highlights included him berating some guy for daring to suggest that Walker needs to be replaced by constantly barking "how is this his fault? how is this his fault? These guys already know how to hit!!!" etc. etc.

He then proceeded to cut the guy off at every possible instance. I've had it with listening to the White Sox on the radio. If I ever have to hear this guy again, I'll probably just kill mysefl.

This guy routinely disposes of anyone who dares to have a different opinion than whatever he feels is the standard company line d'jour.

Seriously, what the f*** does this guy know about major league hitting? Anyone who has played the game has made in-career adjustments. It's not as though just scrubs need hitting instruction. Frank Thomas anyone?

He also responded to "well then what is his job" with "YOU TELL ME! YOU TELL ME!"

what a f***ing douchebag.

I hear the postgame show on 720am is breezy and fun. Why don't you tune in there? :D

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 12:17 AM)
Where the hell is SSI71 when I need him? I know he'd have my back on this one.

Busy hosting the postgame show on 670. I'll never forget when Rongey said "the Sox may be 6 out with 7 to go, but they are getting nice games from the young September call ups and appear ready to finish strong, it's not mathematically over yet, so make sure to watch".

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 05:23 AM)

Poor Jerry Manuel....when he was the manager, it was his fault, and never the players.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 12:17 AM)
Where the hell is SSI71 when I need him? I know he'd have my back on this one.

Hello Jim from DesPlaines welcome to the Whitesox post game show.

"Chris, how do you stand the crap we see. Its June, where is the offense. How the hell is this team not hitting. Is Greg Walker looking for a new job yet. I am a season ticket holder and I am sick of this crap....and"

Well Jim, you know what will make you happy. A triple threats gift card.

"A triple threats sports card? Chris you didnt answer my question. When is this team going to hit? Why is Greg Wa...."

Well it seems that Jim got disconnected. I know its a common thing for fans to try and find blame. I talked to Greg Walker, the best hitting coach in the history of baseball earlier about it. And he reassured me that when the weather heats up, so will this team. This has been a perfect storm of injuries, unseasonably cold weather, and a large amount of Johan Santana like pitching we have faced. No other team has faced the challenges we have. But good news, we are a 2nd half team. Thats right sox fans. When you think of the 2nd half, you can count on a strong sox team pulling away. I like our position, and I agree with Jon Garland as we will run away with the division. Its not possible for the offense to go on like this. If you flip their cards they are all allstars. I fully expect each member of the team to hit 900 for the rest of the year, and pitchers should be afraid very afraid to face a team like this. Its a lion, about to pounce and tear a team up. It just gives me chills thinking about how many runs this team is going to put up. It could happen tomorrow, it could happen next month. Just remember to be patient, and keep coming to he park and it will happen.

Next caller

pinkbunnyrongey.jpg

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:18 AM)
Hello Jim from DesPlaines welcome to the Whitesox post game show.

"Chris, how do you stand the crap we see. Its June, where is the offense. How the hell is this team not hitting. Is Greg Walker looking for a new job yet. I am a season ticket holder and I am sick of this crap....and"

Well Jim, you know what will make you happy. A triple threats gift card.

"A triple threats sports card? Chris you didnt answer my question. When is this team going to hit? Why is Greg Wa...."

Well it seems that Jim got disconnected. I know its a common thing for fans to try and find blame. I talked to Greg Walker, the best hitting coach in the history of baseball earlier about it. And he reassured me that when the weather heats up, so will this team. This has been a perfect storm of injuries, unseasonably cold weather, and a large amount of Johan Santana like pitching we have faced. No other team has faced the challenges we have. But good news, we are a 2nd half team. Thats right sox fans. When you think of the 2nd half, you can count on a strong sox team pulling away. I like our position, and I agree with Jon Garland as we will run away with the division. Its not possible for the offense to go on like this. If you flip their cards they are all allstars. I fully expect each member of the team to hit 900 for the rest of the year, and pitchers should be afraid very afraid to face a team like this. Its a lion, about to pounce and tear a team up. It just gives me chills thinking about how many runs this team is going to put up. It could happen tomorrow, it could happen next month. Just remember to be patient, and keep coming to he park and it will happen.

Next caller

pinkbunnyrongey.jpg

The only time in recent memory we played well in the second half was 2003, and we tanked against the Twins and nearly everyone in September.

The 01 team played "okay" down the stretch, but they started out at 14-29, fought to get back to .500 in June and July, then essentially stayed around within a few games of .500

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 03:31 AM)
I really wish I lived within range of Rongey, it would be interesting to hear his take on several other issues.

I know he says the War On Terror is going quite well, with a capture of Osama just around the corner.