Owens Hurt

Heads22

And Cintron's elbow is still bothering him. He really needs to go on the DL for an extended period. Let Gonzalez be the back-up SS. We also need another legit outfielder with Dye being injured who can play some defense. Might as well call up Sweeney or Anderson again.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 04:50 AM)
I love how the only guys that provide us with any speed get hurt. Owens is no good to us at all without his speed, as he can't hit, get on base, play defense or throw the ball at all.

It's truly amazing how many of our offensive players have been dinged up this year. It's like all the years of good health have caught up to us. Oh well....as long as Danks and Jenks don't suffer any serious injuries, I won't lose any sleep over these injuries.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 11:50 PM)
"he might not be good at baseball, but he can run the bases!"

Sort of like, you might not be that good looking, but all the parts are there and in the right place. :P

BTW, if this requires a roster move, expect Sweeney to come back up. I doubt they call up an injured Anderson or Podsednik.

You have to think Owens basically was rated as better than BA in the system and better than Sweeny since Owens was the one brought up when Pods was hurt. I guess we should keep an open mind, but how many of our great prospects have done anything to contribute at the big league level?

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
You have to think Owens basically was rated as better than BA in the system and better than Sweeny since Owens was the one brought up when Pods was hurt. I guess we should keep an open mind, but how many of our great prospects have done anything to contribute at the big league level?

Owens wasn't even rated in the same stratosphere as those guys.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 10:54 AM)

1) We needed a leadoff hitter as our top priority with the injuries to Pods and Erstad...unless you think BA is the ideal leadoff guy

2) BA has a bad shoulder and is relegated to DH duties, and, since we have Mr. Jim Thome, that pretty much leaves him nowhere to play

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 11:31 AM)
So every player who has started a game in the leadoff spot for the Sox is now on the DL.

Erstad-34

Podsednik-8

Owens-8

Ozuna-7

Orlando is doing a lot better than most people think.. He's in low A ball.

http://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8. Says he can run knows when to take pitches and his fielding is great. He has great instincts, fast to first and from 1st to third and can run the ball down in the outfield.... A little more development?