White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 6/25/07 (W)

Balance

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 07:17 PM)
I cant wait till later in the season, when we see a quote, that even though they noticed some mechanical flaws in Fields swing, they didnt want to change him. Because that was the swing he got to the majors with.

Thats the excuse they used last year when they allowed Anderson to die a slow and rotten death up here.

Wasn't it more Anderson wasn't willing to make the adjustments necessary until it got drilled into him that he couldn't effectively succeed without making those changes? Or am i wrong.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 09:22 PM)
They are hugging in the dugout like they just won the world series. How pathetic. Its the Rays, not the 27 yanks you beat.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 09:23 PM)
Guillen and the coaching staff looked like they just won the Series. Awesome.

I was going to say the same thing. :lol:

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 09:22 PM)
Wasn't it more Anderson wasn't willing to make the adjustments necessary until it got drilled into him that he couldn't effectively succeed without making those changes? Or am i wrong.

No the quote was the Walk didnt want to mess with him, figured he would let his natural ability help him at the major league level. It wasnt until June, and the kid was nearly destroyed before they broke him down. Walk should of been attached at the hip with that kid, the minute Rowand was traded.

Danks didn't have a bad game. Looks like he just left a few pitches up (which has been a consistent problem) but it was an improvement over his past performances (based on the stat line as I was unable to watch the game).

I will not root against this team. I would like to see a lot of trades made and yet the Sox win the World Series with a young team ala the 1980 olympic hockey team.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 09:26 PM)
What are they supossed to do, hang their head after every win because of how bad this season has gone?

The overdone celebration was basically sarcasm by our entire coaching staff, and I can't blame them for trying to have some fun in an otherwise very s***ty situation.

The confetti guns, and balloon drop was a bit much though.