Buehrle Fest

DBAHO

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
I am not trying to start anything here and I believe you when you say you talked to this person and he said that. However, Kemp didn't punch anyone. What Civic said about AJ not punching Cora is meaningless. It turned out that Kemp never punched Cron at all.

There's another situation we're referring to.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(toasty @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 03:20 PM)
that's not a rumor, that's crap

Hey I'm just posting what was on Yahoo! sports to keep us entertained while we wait.

I'm not vouching for it. Hey at least it wasn't from The Score...

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
While we're foolishly waiting around for any type of update, what's everyone's percentage in terms of Buehrle re-signing in the next 2 days? I'm at 30 pct now.

You wouldn't be Mr. Pessimism if it weren't!

I am going to stay at 50/50.

While we're foolishly waiting around for any type of update, what's everyone's percentage in terms of Buehrle re-signing in the next 2 days? I'm at 30 pct now.

After the radio station got our hopes going I was 2 out of 3 he would sign

Now I am 1 out of 3

If you look on page three, I said this was BS. I still think it's BS.

The only difference now is I think KW has gotten a good offer to trade Buehrle and he's giving thier side one last shot.

I distinctly think the ball is in their court on a 4 year deal around $55 million. JMO.

95% he signs a deal. Then I believe KW has something in place where Jose will be shipped out. Hopefully I am right.

Edited by diegotony06

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 01:26 PM)
Can someone clarify Lester's cancer to me? Is it something that might recur, or are they SURE it's done, now that he's been treated?

Because if there's the possibility that it'd recur, there's no way I'd deal for him.

+1

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 03:26 PM)
Can someone clarify Lester's cancer to me? Is it something that might recur, or are they SURE it's done, now that he's been treated?

Because if there's the possibility that it'd recur, there's no way I'd deal for him.

The only problem with Lester's cancer returning, is not the return of the primary cancer, but the secondary cancers due to chemo if he had that as his primary treatment. My wife is an oncology nurse and educator. She administrates and deals with chemo on a day to day basis. They consider chemo itself toxic and they have to follow strict guidelines on handling it, and administrating it. If a nurse is pregnant they dont allow them to administrate chemo because it can be absorbed through the skin and cause all sorts of issues with the baby. Chemo itself kills the cancer, however it also kills healthy cells around it as well. Due to the toxicity of it, it also has and can cause secondary cancers a few years down the line. That is why you see someone cancer free, and then a few years later they get a different type of cancer. She couldnt tell me the ratio of chemo patients that come back with secondary cancers, but she sees some frequent return patients. When you are battling a life threatening disease you will use whatever to fix it. I am sure that the person that is told they have 6 months to live doesnt think about secondary issues 5 years down the road.

He could be 100% healthy, however he could also have another issue a few years down the road. Its definately a risk.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 07:41 PM)
The only problem with Lester's cancer returning, is not the return of the primary cancer, but the secondary cancers due to chemo if he had that as his primary treatment. My wife is an oncology nurse and educator. She administrates and deals with chemo on a day to day basis. They consider chemo itself toxic and they have to follow strict guidelines on handling it, and administrating it. If a nurse is pregnant they dont allow them to administrate chemo because it can be absorbed through the skin and cause all sorts of issues with the baby. Chemo itself kills the cancer, however it also kills healthy cells around it as well. Due to the toxicity of it, it also has and can cause secondary cancers a few years down the line. That is why you see someone cancer free, and then a few years later they get a different type of cancer. She couldnt tell me the ratio of chemo patients that come back with secondary cancers, but she sees some frequent return patients. When you are battling a life threatening disease you will use whatever to fix it. I am sure that the person that is told they have 6 months to live doesnt think about secondary issues 5 years down the road.

He could be 100% healthy, however he could also have another issue a few years down the road. Its definately a risk.

Okay. Thank you. I don't know much about cancer or different types of cancers and remission and all that because I've never had anybody close to me get sick with cancer. Thanks.

update on buerhle

The White Sox have a full house in attendance on a warm summer night for the start of the final homestand before the All-Star break. Coming off a successful road trip to Florida and Kansas City, Mark Buehrle takes the mound to begin this eight-game stretch in Chicago.

But, before Buehrle throws his first pitch, a video montage of his career highlights pops up on the center field Jumbotron and a dramatic announcement follows regarding the White Sox and their ace hurler agreeing to a new long-term deal. Many short-term wishes for the ardent South Side supporters would be immediately fulfilled.

Of course, this above scenario stands as completely and totally steeped in the hypothetical.

When Buehrle was asked on Thursday evening about the reality of the contract talks going on between his agent, Jeff Berry, and White Sox assistant general manager Rick Hahn, talks manager Ozzie Guillen said "sounded great" when he was informed late Wednesday night, Buehrle gave the media the silent treatment with a smile.

"No comment. No comment on any contract situation," said Buehrle, one day after rumors swirled that he was close to agreeing to a four-year deal, worth somewhere in the range of $50 million. "I don't want to say anything and get you guys confused.

"Call Rick. Call Jeff. Call Kenny," Buehrle added.

Berry said via e-mail on Thursday night, "There was nothing new to report." Also reached through e-mail, Hahn reiterated the company policy that unless or until the organization has an announcement of some sort, he "wouldn't expect us to provide any updates or comment."

Hahn returned to Chicago, after flying to Florida on Wednesday, not necessarily indicating if a deal had been reached or both sides had hit another impasse. Speculation has centered on this deal needing to be agreed upon by Friday, or this weekend, at the latest, in order for general manager Ken Williams to move forward with his plans for this underachieving team around the July 31 non-waiver deadline.

But after having lunch with his agent on Thursday, Buehrle said he wasn't aware of any arbitrary deadline.

"I'm kind of tired of seeing my name out there, but that's going to happen until the trade deadline or until a deal is done," Buehrle said. "It's going to happen until July 31 or even later.

"I read somewhere that Kenny said that it had to be done by Friday, but I haven't been told anything. I don't know what that means anyway."