Official Love for the Milwaukee Brewers Thread

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Sox being so far out of it for most of the season (and being tied up with other things), I haven't been paying much attention to other teams.

Should the Cubs make the playoffs, what are their chances on making it far?

With the Sox being so far out of it for most of the season (and being tied up with other things), I haven't been paying much attention to other teams.

Should the Cubs make the playoffs, what are their chances on making it far?

I think even you can answer this question. Are they better then San Diego? No. Los Angeles? No. NYM? No. Philadelphia? No. Boston? No.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 10:40 AM)
I think even you can answer this question. Are they better then San Diego? No. Los Angeles? No. NYM? No. Philadelphia? No. Boston? No.

Were the Cardinals better than the Mets, Dodgers, and Padres last year?

That's not the question you have to ask. The question is, can you win 3/5 and 4/7? And you have to think that Zambrano can get 3 of those wins on his own, maybe even 4 if the schedule falls out right.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 12:55 PM)
Were the Cardinals better than the Mets, Dodgers, and Padres last year?

That's not the question you have to ask. The question is, can you win 3/5 and 4/7? And you have to think that Zambrano can get 3 of those wins on his own, maybe even 4 if the schedule falls out right.

Yeah well said. I still can't except the Cardinals as world champions even though they won it fair and square, winning the division and winning all of their playoff series. If your pitching comes at the right time, just like ours did in 2005, then you'll be tough to beat. The Cardinals had something like the 13th best regular season record in all of baseball and still ended up winning it all, crazy.

I thought that Capuano was a product of his home park going into 2006, but then he made me feel kinda stupid last year. Hell, a certain cokehead from the 80s even said something that appered to be correct for once, which just totally blew my mind.

But check out the road stats this year. The guy is sporting a 6.40 ERA, a 1.86 WHIP, and opponents are batting .336 against him. I think that I can do better than that with my 65 MPH fastball.

The Brewers just aren't that good anymore. They're something like 6 games under .500 since they started off the year hot. Their offense has been real mediocre lately, so I guess overpaying for Linebrink makes sense. J.J. Hardy's power has absolutely vanished.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 08:02 PM)
The Brewers just aren't that good anymore. They're something like 6 games under .500 since they started off the year hot. Their offense has been real mediocre lately, so I guess overpaying for Linebrink makes sense. J.J. Hardy's power has absolutely vanished.

In the Brew Crew's favor, Bill Hall came back from the DL today. And even though Hall numbers are down this year, having Tony Graf. in OF shows they were missing something. ... Also, the CUbs can not possibly continue to play at this pace, can they? If so, we will look at the Cubs-Sox series as when it all started ... sigh!

The Brewers just bent over tonight and took one. Suppan is looking only slightly better than Contreras right now. I'll say it again, the Cubs can not keep up the pace they are on for the rest of the year. And the Brewers may need to do more than add Linebrink

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(SouthsideNorthsideFan @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 09:33 PM)
Perspective-

Brewers are sick at home, 8 under .500 on the road.

If they falter at all at home the rest of this season, they may be in trouble.

What if they start winning on the road?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 01:00 AM)
QUOTE(SouthsideNorthsideFan @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 09:33 PM)

Perspective-

Brewers are sick at home, 8 under .500 on the road.

If they falter at all at home the rest of this season, they may be in trouble.

What if they start winning on the road?

Umm, they'll reverse a trend and improve their road record?

Not sure what you're asking/getting at...

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 04:59 PM)
give them dye for villanueva/gwynn jr.

That would be a terrible trade -- Gwynn Jr is pretty much Jerry Owens. Just what we need -- more fourth OFers.

Ever since this thread was put up, Milwaukee has tanked. Me thinks this thread needs to be merged with the reular 'catch-all' thread. :ph34r: