Official Love for the Milwaukee Brewers Thread

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
I am so pissed off right now.

Come on Cubs ... start sucking :fthecubs

The Cubs are the best team in baseball right now. It won't go on forever, will it?

They're the best team in that division, and it's not even close. They have two guys in Zambrano and Lilly who just won't lose now, and they have a pretty strong bullpen that's avoided blowing games lately. And of course, we had to know that J. Jones would end up contributing to them after they tried to get rid of them. At this point, I've given up on them not making the playoffs, and I'm just rooting for the teams they'll have to play to upgrade at the deadline. Recent injuries to Peavy, Young, Lowe, and Beltran are the types of thing that I hope we don't see a lot of down the stretch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 03:03 PM)
They're the best team in that division, and it's not even close. They have two guys in Zambrano and Lilly who just won't lose now, and they have a pretty strong bullpen that's avoided blowing games lately. And of course, we had to know that J. Jones would end up contributing to them after they tried to get rid of them. At this point, I've given up on them not making the playoffs, and I'm just rooting for the teams they'll have to play to upgrade at the deadline. Recent injuries to Peavy, Young, Lowe, and Beltran are the types of thing that I hope we don't see a lot of down the stretch.

Well if there is a good side to the Cubs making the playoffs, maybe Mr. Reinsdorf allows Kenny to spend a little more this off season knowing that you can buy your way into contention and attract fans.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)
Well if there is a good side to the Cubs making the playoffs, maybe Mr. Reinsdorf allows Kenny to spend a little more this off season knowing that you can buy your way into contention and attract fans.

Doubt it.

Flub fans thought the same thing after we won and they ended up in last place.

ARe you even a Sox fan these days, or just an anti-Cub fan?

why not, all the Cubs fans were quick to buy Detroit hats last year, even though half of them couldnt name a player on that team. Hell, I picked up a retro Brewers bp jersey last week when I went up to Miller Park for Chorizo Day. Now there's a concept I cant get enough of, a day at the ballpark to honor a mexican sausage. Sweet bobblehead though.

QUOTE(lord chas @ Jul 28, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
cordero coughs up lead in 9th and brewers blow six run lead to lose first game of doubleheader at st louis

My mom grew up in St. Louis, is a die hard Cardinals fan, and despises the Cubs more than anyone. I told her "if the Cubs win the division, you can blame your team," after that today.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 03:04 PM)

Except the Cubs play in a much weaker division. At best they are the third best team in the AL central. As much as last year sucked, we still would have made the playoffs in the NL.

Wow, the bottom of the 8th and top of the 9th in the Brewers/Phillies game was some of the most exciting baseball I have seen all year.

Bottom of the 8th, Fielder hits a 2 run homer to put the Brewers up. Corey Hart robs Iguchi of a game tying homer. Rollins flies out to end it. GREAT game.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 10:16 PM)
Brewers have always been my favorite NL team! I just wish we had FSN north here in Chicago!

As someone who regularly made the journey up to County Stadium to catch the Sox vs. the Brew Crew, hearing that comment makes me feel OLD!!!