chisox72

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 01:13 PM)
FWIW, Gavin Floyd pitched today, and walked 6 guys in 5 innings. That makes me think Buehrle isn't getting traded in the next 24 hours.

Two atrocious at-bats for AJ today.

I don't think anything Gavin did/does today would have an effect on Buehrle's situation with the White Sox unless he died or something

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 07:15 PM)
I don't think anything Gavin did/does today would have an effect on Buehrle's situation with the White Sox unless he died or something

If they didn't start Floyd today, it could be a sign that something is imminent and they'd need Floyd to come up and start.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 12:16 PM)
If they didn't start Floyd today, it could be a sign that something is imminent and they'd need Floyd to come up and start.

They wouldn't have messed things up. Masset would probably start in a pinch. I think the Sox have learned that they've screwed up way too many times in the past when it comes to calling up guys and having them on f***ed up rest that they will just continue as is until a move is made and at that point they'll work the rookie into a better situation (or so I hope).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 02:11 PM)
Great AB by Paulie.

Can we finally get Sweeney up here for good.

Jason how do you project Sweeney now? Does he still grade out high to you? or does Sweeney = Murton + Speed + Fieldind - Ugliness?

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 12:21 PM)
Jason how do you project Sweeney now? Does he still grade out high to you? or does Sweeney = Murton + Speed + Fieldind - Ugliness?

I like Murton, but I still think Sweeney projects to be at worse a league average player. At his finest I think he turns into a Garret Anderson. The key is whether he will get more aggressive when it comes to turning on the inside pitches and from what I've heard he's been doing a much better job of that since being sent back down 3-4 weeks ago.

I definitely don't think he's the best prospect in baseball but I still like his long term upside. (not more than Chris Young but he's still the best our system has...which doesn't necessarily say much).

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 02:09 PM)
Strained left rib muscle for Barbaro. Once again, thanks KW!

Which charity is getting more money this year

White Sox charities or Pods? I'm sure he's a nice guy, but how can you count on him to stay healthy? Of course, KW knows better than anyone.