Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 01:48 PM)
Which makes Rooks reporting Kansas was out last night even more confusing.

If you look at this past week, there has been a "development" almost everyday. Whether it's seeing his gf play at KU, Rooks reporting she feels it's down to Illinois/Depaul, and now his mom saying he made up his mind, there's been something new to keep people hooked.

I think it was just another step in a planned out schedule for building up interest in his commitment, I don't think it really means they are out or are locks.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 01:45 PM)
Yea, I'm not really sure how to interpret her article. I don't think she would even put her opinion out there if Cliff didn't like it, he pretty much is controlling what she's reporting (benefiting both parties right now).

If KU really has lost out on Jones/Okafor then they will push for Cliff and do anything necessary to get him, that scares me (think Wiggins over UK last year). I can't count them out because who knows what they had up their sleeves this past week.

Meanwhile, Illinois makes so much sense for him and Groce has done a great job recruiting him. I'm trying to temper my hopes because this recruitment has been as crazy as any in terms of guesses to where he's going. Cliff has played this recruitment perfectly in terms of drumming up excitement for his decision, it's aggravating as an Illinois fan but I understand why he's doing it.

Much like the Snider and Black commitments, i'm planning on being very disappointed but will be happy to be surprised tomorrow.

There were a few posts that asked Rooks directly why she doesn't think KU is in it and why such a sudden change. She ignored all of them. I found this weird since she's usually so great about answering anything on the premium board. I think Cliff told her, but told her not to say anything..or at least I hope. Who knows.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 02:56 PM)
Unfortunately for her if he picks Kansas she's going to lose a lot of credibility with Illinois fans.

I think Cliff either told her to write that or that she could write that. She has been saying Illinois and Kansas for the past few weeks (started off with KU leading at 60-40 and then went to 50-50) and all of a sudden it's Illinois and DePaul with Illinois leading 70-30? I don't think there's any way she reports that without Cliff giving her the info and the go ahead to report that.

He could be doing it as a smokescreen, but he will definitely do some damage to her reputation if he chooses anyone other than Illinois or DePaul.

Edited by Boogua

Illini fans I know will be mentally broken if Cliff shuns them, it seems.

I gotta think with okafor and jones announcing at same time, they're going to Kansas together leaving cliff to Illinois. Just gut feeling.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 04:10 PM)
Illini fans I know will be mentally broken if Cliff shuns them, it seems.

I gotta think with okafor and jones announcing at same time, they're going to Kansas together leaving cliff to Illinois. Just gut feeling.

All three going to Kansas is my gut feeling.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 08:21 PM)
Jerry Meyer just said hearing reliable chatter QS might go back to louisville

What the f***ing f***.

Snider sent in his signed LOI. This would be BS if it happened.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 09:50 PM)
Don't think there's anything to worry about regarding QS fwiw.

Agreed. It also sounds like the Lyle camp is leaking some of the Cliff to KU stuff. It could definitely just be smoke. I don't feel any different now than I did earlier. I think it's 50/50. The fanbase shouldn't meltdown just yet.

Edited by Boogua